House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sledgehead

Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker

If you want to understand why house prices are where they are look no further than the Jamie Oliver flavour shaker.

Here are its features:

It crushes, grinds, blends, mixes and more!

The Flavour Shaker is a fun, quirky and highly original food preparation item

Invented and endorsed by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver

More versatile alternative to the Pestle and Mortar

Creates lovely flavours in seconds

Lightweight and easy to use

Dishwasher safe (top rack only)

Made from high grade thick core polycarbonate for strength

Comfortable non-slip grip for safety

Includes a ceramic ball for crushing ingredients

and its 20 quid.

For all that, in this day of cheap manufacturing, you'd expect some hi-tech piece of gadgetry, right?

So why then do all the adverts and sales sites present an object that looks no more complicated than a Russian Doll with a marble inside? And why do we only get the largest doll? Surely for that price they could have included the ones that go inside? And why is the doll made of cheap plastic, rather than traditional wood? And where is the decoration?

Look at that description again, for what is essentially a stone in a jar. I've seen shorter car descriptions!

So the reason for the 20 quid. Hype, hype, hype and more hype. Oh, and people will buy it, just to say they have one. Bet they never use it more than 10 times.

I feel sorry for site member shakerbaby.

If you want to understand why house prices are where they are look no further than the Jamie Oliver flavour shaker.

Here are its features:

It crushes, grinds, blends, mixes and more!

The Flavour Shaker is a fun, quirky and highly original food preparation item

Invented and endorsed by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver

More versatile alternative to the Pestle and Mortar

Creates lovely flavours in seconds

Lightweight and easy to use

Dishwasher safe (top rack only)

Made from high grade thick core polycarbonate for strength

Comfortable non-slip grip for safety

Includes a ceramic ball for crushing ingredients

and its 20 quid.

For all that, in this day of cheap manufacturing, you'd expect some hi-tech piece of gadgetry, right?

So why then do all the adverts and sales sites present an object that looks no more complicated than a Russian Doll with a marble inside? And why do we only get the largest doll? Surely for that price they could have included the ones that go inside? And why is the doll made of cheap plastic, rather than traditional wood? And where is the decoration?

Look at that description again, for what is essentially a stone in a jar. I've seen shorter car descriptions!

So the reason for the 20 quid. Hype, hype, hype and more hype. Oh, and people will buy it, just to say they have one. Bet they never use it more than 10 times.

I feel sorry for site member shakerbaby.

I give it 18 months before they start appearing in a poundshop near to you.

I give it 18 months before they start appearing in a poundshop near to you.

They are just trying to capitalise on the xmas dipsh*t mentality. Im suprised they havn't said that it would make an ideal presnt/ stocking filler.

I thought JO had redeemed himself somewhat with his school food campaign. What a donut, he'll apologising for this nonsense for years...