House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpewLabour

Lovely People

that's a memorial to the tory women of world war II.

The memorial to the labour women of world war II is down the road in tower hamlets or somewhere. ;)

that's a memorial to the tory women of world war II.

The memorial to the labour women of world war II is down the road in tower hamlets or somewhere. ;)

Is that meant to be funny or ironic ?

Is that meant to be funny or ironic ?

Should have voted Labour then the ministry of humour would decide for you.

I'm going to go with this theory: someone was looking for somewhere to do a bit of slogan-spraying and they just used the nearest flat surface without thinking.

I can't really see how anyone would come up with a connection between women who died in the war and "Tory scum" (I suppose the response to that would be "That's the Left for you").

...why not..that's what it was from a person with absolutely no substance .... :rolleyes:

Surely that's a "country fit for heroes" sardonism?

No it's not defacing a memorial on a celebration day is scum behaviour and if you had been on here a while you would of known my old man fought for the Germans and as a family VE Day isn't a highlight of our year...

It is good to see left wing c**** like Charlotte Church in all their spittle, raving glory it will make it easier to follow through on proper benefit and sponger cuts in the coming months

But then the left were always ideologically bright but common man stupid

all those police, and yet one person managed to spray a couple of words on the memorial....

wipes off in a jiff.

But the sensationalism inate in our press makes this one off into a severe attack on the left.

spraying paint everywhere is a current blight on the community...but it happens everywhere...take the Eurostar into PAris to see what I mean.

A police officer is led away injured....well, it was a tiny cut she was sucking on....who knows how she got it. my fingers often get tiny cuts simply working with paper.

I'm going to go with this theory: someone was looking for somewhere to do a bit of slogan-spraying and they just used the nearest flat surface without thinking.

I can't really see how anyone would come up with a connection between women who died in the war and "Tory scum" (I suppose the response to that would be "That's the Left for you").

It's a war memorial. Everybody knows what they are and what they stand for.

apart from the left it seems.

it is rather ironic, because in those left leaning countries they wish to emulate, if they had been engaged in that sort of behaviour you probably wouldnt be seen again...or your family.

They ought to be careful what they wish for, their interpretation of progressive is not quite the same as those at the top,they might not like the full-fat version-as against the baby-milk formula they've been tought in school..kind of kim-jong-un for beginners.

either 20+ years in some hard labour gulag, re-educated spanish inquisition style or just plain dead.end of.

Apparently its a religious site, for that is what one "desecrates"

These are not religious sites...they are memorials....thousands of which were left in serious decay for years through no funding and lack of interest.

And what do they stand for?>..obviously, a reminder to passers by that people like them have made the ultimate sacrifice for a secular cause they believed was worthwhile.

Meanwhile, Politicians and the system regularly use these memorials for political purposes, as backdrops, as a place to show they give a thought at the right televised moment and many other instances.

Im not condoning the spraying, but its not the huge issue the press are making it out to be...some idiot managed a hurried spray during a demonstration. And we dont know who did it. No doubt the Eagle will be claiming false flag....a possibility of course, and what better way to inflame an un-newsworthy peaceful demo by a couple of hundred into National News.

One person being an idiot. Not necessarily indicative of the rest. Shame as it brands the rest of the protesters by association.

But since I fail to see the connection between the memorial and the graffiti - I'll assume it was just a convenient place at the time. Hopefully it'll wipe off easily enough.

Having attended an initially peaceful protest in Whitehall previously, I can tell you there is often a significant minority out to make trouble and in the chaos it's sometimes difficult to know where you are.

They should have dynamited it.

Its a hateful thing. The Cenotaph was never exclusively for men, why did they have to make a sacred memorial a matter of gender political.

And besides, by any standards of aesthetics its bloody hideous, nevermind jarring with its surroundings.

My friend predicted riots after the tories won.

Is your friend Ricky Wilson?

Because he's been saying that for years.

They should have dynamited it.

Its a hateful thing. The Cenotaph was never exclusively for men, why did they have to make a sacred memorial a matter of gender political.

And besides, by any standards of aesthetics its bloody hideous, nevermind jarring with its surroundings.

+ 1

The Cenotaph should be enough to serve all wars past and present.

The women's memorial was only put up in 2005, over 60 years after the sacrifice it commemorates.

Anyway when it comes to the slow destruction of war memorials no anarchists or Trotskyist can compete with HMG and local councils which leave thousands of them to moulder away. The MOD had no qualms about cutting all the funding to the Battle of Britain Memorial chapel at Biggin Hill even though it had been founded with the support of Winston Churchill. Vandalism like patriotism is very much in the eye of the beholder. I very much doubt all those who fought in World War 2 were inspired by a desire to save Tory England though the genius of recent conservative propoganda has been to convince some of the idiots on the left that such sentiments were what inspired everyone who fought in that conflict.

So it fits right in these days then? If people gave a damn about bloody hideous and jarring with surroundings we wouldn't have most of the shit that pisses me off immensely. I suppose at least the Cenotaph doesn't have the all-overriding necessity that "it gives me more TV channels / helps me rush around a bit quicker / whatever" that apparently more than justifies the characterless, soul-less mess that we seem to desperate to turn the UK in to.

Is your friend Ricky Wilson?

Because he's been saying that for years.

Nah .. although as I have no idea who Ricky Wilson is, then he might have an alter-ego.