House Price Crash Forum
fru-gal

The Protests Have Already Started. Summer Of Discontent Perhaps?

These are just middle class kids who've just finished reading about Karl Marx.

The kids who are likely to cause havoc aren't going to do so after the draconian jail sentences handed out after the 2011 shopping spree.

The evil scum bag who desecrated the monument will be hunted down at all costs, to you and me, and made an example of..

much like the rioter who stole the pint of milk.

..or they could just clean it up

Does anyone here now fear for their civil liberties over the next few years?

I can see the new Internet laws coming in quite soon, this whole freedom of expression thing just upsets the old people too much to allow it.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I just wonder if the Scots will travel down to London for their riots. Rioting in Scotland would be a bit anti-Nationalistic and I don't think they would want to target any of the Northern cities (who they have more in common with than the Westminster crew). I expect the new government will draw up contingency plans to disrupt the railways and motorways should they get wind of a democratic protest/riot in response to a readjustment of the Barnett formula, for instance.

I can see the new Internet laws coming in quite soon, this whole freedom of expression thing just upsets the old people too much to allow it.

Yes, it'll be just like it was with New Labour in that respect. The slight saving grace is that Cameron's majority is very small and there's a few on the Libertarian wing of the party who would likely vote down some of the more extreme things that will be on the civil liberties removal agenda. Having said that, the Scot Nats are the worst kind of authoritarians so it's not impossible they'd vote with the government on that sort of thing.

The evil scum bag who desecrated the monument will be hunted down at all costs, to you and me, and made an example of..

much like the rioter who stole the pint of milk.

..or they could just clean it up

Look these financial illiterates ought to be sat down in a prison cell and educated until they understand the basic economic fact that spending £100 billion a year more than what you earn isn't austerity. Then they ought to be made to clean that graffiti up with their knuckles.

If they've got something worthwhile to protest about all power to them, but being against fictitious austerity tells me they're imbeciles.

These are just middle class kids who've just finished reading about Karl Marx.

The kids who are likely to cause havoc aren't going to do so after the draconian jail sentences handed out after the 2011 shopping spree.

When they take away HB and other benefits from under 25s (and they will) just you watch.

It'll be cheaper and more comfortable for a lot of kids to go to prison. And they'll take that.

Look these financial illiterates ought to be sat down in a prison cell and educated until they understand the basic economic fact that spending £100 billion a year more than what you earn isn't austerity. Then they ought to be made to clean that graffiti up with their knuckles.

If they've got something worthwhile to protest about all power to them, but being against fictitious austerity tells me they're imbeciles.

What is your solution to a system that demands perpetual growth in GDP and debt then?

P.S. They are scum only because they are happy to desecrate memorials to people who they know nothing about, who lived 70 years ago and are now mostly dead. No-one wants graves being pissed on.

These idiots are rather amusing in their absolute naivety.

But, where have all the old ones gone?

very few years there is a new generation of Marx's useful idiots, but all the older ones of yesteryear have either gone to ground or realised just how wrong they were.

The people have voted, if you are a democrat, accept it. If you prefer fascism then protest.

These idiots are rather amusing in their absolute naivety.

But, where have all the old ones gone?

very few years there is a new generation of Marx's useful idiots, but all the older ones of yesteryear have either gone to ground or realised just how wrong they were.

The people have voted, if you are a democrat, accept it. If you prefer fascism then protest.

There's a paradox here.

What is your solution to a system that demands perpetual growth in GDP and debt then?

P.S. They are scum only because they are happy to desecrate memorials to people who they know nothing about, who lived 70 years ago and are now mostly dead. No-one wants graves being pissed on.

At this moment in time i have no solution to completely changing the system, as its 1045 and Match of the Day is about to start.

But my solution to the current ficticious austerity is to actually have austerity and live within our means, This is what i do on a daily basis.

I just wonder if the Scots will travel down to London for their riots. Rioting in Scotland would be a bit anti-Nationalistic and I don't think they would want to target any of the Northern cities (who they have more in common with than the Westminster crew). I expect the new government will draw up contingency plans to disrupt the railways and motorways should they get wind of a democratic protest/riot in response to a readjustment of the Barnett formula, for instance.

A stockpile of leaves? :)

At this moment in time i have no solution to completely changing the system, as its 1045 and Match of the Day is about to start.

But my solution to the current ficticious austerity is to actually have austerity and live within our means, This is what i do on a daily basis.

So you believe that personal finances operate the same way as governmental finances?

So you believe that personal finances operate the same way as governmental finances?

The Government has no money. It raises taxes or borrows. Either way we pay. Are YOU happy the way it's spending your children's money?

The Government has no money. It raises taxes or borrows. Either way we pay. Are YOU happy the way it's spending your children's money?

I don't believe in debt and I don't believe in a debt-based monetary system. But given that we have a debt-based monetary system (and this fact is NOT up for debate) then what are the government supposed to do?

I don't believe in debt and I don't believe in a debt-based monetary system. But given that we have a debt-based monetary system (and this fact is NOT up for debate) then what are the government supposed to do?

Not spend more money than it gets in tax?

When they take away HB and other benefits from under 25s (and they will) just you watch.

It'll be cheaper and more comfortable for a lot of kids to go to prison. And they'll take that.

We've heard all this before. There'll be no kicking off in this country, it's a fantasy.

Would it? Perhaps people would actually have to take responsibility for their own lives for a change.

How would everyone meet every debt obligation plus interest if the money supply was not continually expanded? They could technically repay the capital but where would the interest come from?

I know how the monetary system works.

But yes i believe that to a very large extent the governments finances work in the same way to an individuals.

I've been to jail and i thoroughly disagree that losing some of ones dole money is as bad as prison.

Despite what the Daily Mail says prison is not easy, sharing a prison cell with some smackhead/murderer/rapist/dikead the alleged hard on crime Victorians thought was only suitable for 1 person is no giro day.