House Price Crash Forum

1St Time At Japanese Friends Home

HOLA441

I have a friend of Japanese origin who I've known for about 2 years now and tonight was the first time I had actually seen his place. I was pretty surprised to find that his entire family lived under the same roof. He shares a bunk bed with his brother, his and his brothers wives share bunk beds in a separate room and his parents have their own separate rooms. I didn't say anything about how odd I found it, felt like it was a very infantile kind of atmosphere, even more odd factoring in that he, his brother and both their wives are all in their early to mid 50's. Is this typical of Asian families?

HOLA442
HOLA443

I have clients in Hatton Garden, some Jewish. One aspect I especially enjoy is talking to them about life, family, what they get up to.

One of the families observes all the Jewish holidays and traditions. Such concepts are totally alien to our family. OK, we're not Jewish, indeed we're all agnostic, and we don't have those sorts of "get togethers". Not on such a regular basis, anyway tied in with some sort of "festival" or "purpose". We see each other for a day at Christmas. Some birthdays. That is all.

While it's a world away from mine, I do enjoy hearing about how others live their lives - maybe especially if it seems totally oddball to me. I find myself really respecting, perhaps, admiring, their decisions and the closeness it brings. I presume. It appears to work for them.

I must "go travelling" some time.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I have clients in Hatton Garden, some Jewish. One aspect I especially enjoy is talking to them about life, family, what they get up to.

One of the families observes all the Jewish holidays and traditions. Such concepts are totally alien to our family. OK, we're not Jewish, indeed we're all agnostic, and we don't have those sorts of "get togethers". Not on such a regular basis, anyway tied in with some sort of "festival" or "purpose". We see each other for a day at Christmas. Some birthdays. That is all.

While it's a world away from mine, I do enjoy hearing about how others live their lives - maybe especially if it seems totally oddball to me. I find myself really respecting, perhaps, admiring, their decisions and the closeness it brings. I presume. It appears to work for them.

What a lovely post thought just well honest and open

HOLA4410
Guest eight

Don't mention the War!

One place I worked, some Japanese visitors stayed at the home of a senior member of staff. He had a picture of the raising of the flag over Iwo Jima on his dining room wall. It did not go down well.

HOLA4411

I have a friend of Japanese origin who I've known for about 2 years now and tonight was the first time I had actually seen his place. I was pretty surprised to find that his entire family lived under the same roof. He shares a bunk bed with his brother, his and his brothers wives share bunk beds in a separate room and his parents have their own separate rooms. I didn't say anything about how odd I found it, felt like it was a very infantile kind of atmosphere, even more odd factoring in that he, his brother and both their wives are all in their early to mid 50's. Is this typical of Asian families?

I have spent nearly half a decade in Japan and am married to a Japanese. Never heard of that kind of set up, sounds odd. Not unusual for the unmarried, particularly women, to live with their parents. Having aged parents living with the eldest son still happens. Other than that, people set up on their own.

HOLA4412

I have spent nearly half a decade in Japan and am married to a Japanese. Never heard of that kind of set up, sounds odd. Not unusual for the unmarried, particularly women, to live with their parents. Having aged parents living with the eldest son still happens. Other than that, people set up on their own.

A mate of mine married a Japanese girl, due to living in Japan! He's a big hairy Yorkshireman!

HOLA4413

No wonder there's a population collapse happening in Japan.

HOLA4414

Having worked closely with people of all types from all backgrounds, races, creeds, and religions I too find it fascinating how some live, I think we can learn so much about different people, families, communities, and the strengths that hold them together...... there are as many good ways how people live as there are as bad ways to live.....hopefully most of us can tell the difference. ;)

HOLA4415

A mate of mine married a Japanese girl, due to living in Japan! He's a big hairy Yorkshireman!

I didn't meet her in Japan but moved here with her! I like fish so it seemed a good idea at the time! She says she doesn't mind being married to a hairy foreigner but I caught her using a pet hair roller to clean the sofa!

HOLA4416

I didn't meet her in Japan but moved here with her! I like fish so it seemed a good idea at the time! She says she doesn't mind being married to a hairy foreigner but I caught her using a pet hair roller to clean the sofa!

:D

At least she lets you on the sofa!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

A Swansea woman I know moved to Japan and when she returned a year later she had morphed into a Japanese woman - it was almost as if she had plastic surgery to look Japanese. She even pronounced like a Japanese person. It was really weird and a tad spooky.

HOLA4419

A Swansea woman I know moved to Japan and when she returned a year later she had morphed into a Japanese woman - it was almost as if she had plastic surgery to look Japanese. She even pronounced like a Japanese person. It was really weird and a tad spooky.

and illegal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_theft

and that's before we even get to what this woman has done to your friend!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Ting Tong?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Shh, it wasn't the UKIP landslide hoped for, so you'll have to keep a lid on the casual racism, for now.

I'm not bluddy ricist! Just a cheeky old git!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

My jap wife lives with me in a council house.

She thinks she`s lucky.....

I hope you think you are! Then she probably is!

Archived