House Price Crash Forum
Bear Goggles

If The Tories Win Tonight I'm Buying A House This Year

Guest Jemmy Button

Sweeteners/bribes by the Tories do not, in themselves, equate solid logical long term economic sense. They are the drug dealer selling crack at the school playground.

So you think a particular rosette-coloured twit will give you indefinite house price growth?

I have no idea but if they win it means the majority of this country is either completely disenfranchised or do not give a sh!t. I'm not prepared for my kids to be on the losing side of our overriding societal drivers - homeownerism and rent seeking - for the sake of personal minority principle.

Jeremy says they're crack peddlers. Yes but they're also the coca grower, cooker, headteacher, police force and judge.

I have no idea but if they win it means the majority of this country is either completely disenfranchised or do not give a sh!t. I'm not prepared for my kids to be on the losing side of our overriding societal drivers - homeownerism and rent seeking - for the sake of personal minority principle.

Jeremy says they're crack peddlers. Yes but they're also the coca grower, cooker, headteacher, police force and judge.

Fair enough, but I'd tell your kids to get out of the UK first.

Nicely put. :mellow:

5 more years of my money going into property pumping? Probably time to get on the right side of it.

I see cuts in housing benefits on the cards, must have a negative effect on prices.

They are not going to win, the exit poll is a crock of nonsense.

No it's not fair enough, it's quite tragic and sadly unsurprising.

I'm just a bit p!ssed off at the moment.

Take a deep breath. This is all speculation. Plus you have to accept that most people are idiots, and idiots are there for the rich pickings.

Dude - chill out!

If you have the money in the bank to buy for your kids, then buy. If you think you are massively overpaying then that's how you feel. But if that is how it is, then the truth is that the money wasn't worth bugger all. You may have framed its value some other way but when you framed its value with reference to the houses that it would buy, you discovered it wasn't all that.

If you propose to buy with debt, then buy. How much debt can the economy carry? How will the economy respond to shocks in the presence of monstrous levels of debt? Borrowing from the wisdom of a child quoted in a book - you can't avoid risk, you just get to choose which risks you take.

As far as I am concerned there is ever and always a moral element to a debt contract, and I simply refuse to be complicit in the escalation of odious debt contracts between the old and the young, simply because the old want it and the young think it is the way of things, (and the herberts at the Council of Mortgage Lenders have convinced everyone it is some fundamental aspect of financial reality in the same way that the atom is an apparently robust element of physical reality).

You buy if you want to, this bears not for buying. ;)

Not sure it's going to make much difference who wins tonight. The "differences" between the parties are artifices to distract and think we have a democracy. The only real democracy freedom we have in our lives are the choices we make that make a real difference to our lives - including what country we choose to live in. Don't wait for the government you want - you'll be waiting forever.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

Not sure it's going to make much difference who wins tonight. The "differences" between the parties are artifices to distract and think we have a democracy. The only real democracy freedom we have in our lives are the choices we make that make a real difference to our lives - including what country we choose to live in. Don't wait for the government you want - you'll be waiting forever.

This is true. I dont want Cameron or the tory establishment to feel validated in any way...but Labour offered nothing else.

Sadly, even if vast amounts of people reject tory and labour, our electoral system means nothing changes.

We need a john galt style taxpayers strike.

If the Tories do win, it could be a suicide election for them if they are left in charge when the crash happens. Who sees five more years passing without a severe collapse of the economy/pound? It will destroy for 40 years the traditional argument the economy is safe in their hands...

If the Tories do win, it could be a suicide election for them if they are left in charge when the crash happens. Who sees five more years passing without a severe collapse of the economy/pound? It will destroy for 40 years the traditional argument the economy is safe in their hands...

Take a deep breath. This is all speculation. Plus you have to accept that most people are idiots, and idiots are there for the rich pickings.

Better Conservative in a HPC, for them to be nasty, turn real conservative (as they have once before) for lower house prices - than any other party. IF (2010-15) they fattened the HPI-Champion 'idiots' up for it.

Then they'll also win the future Real Conservative vote in 2020; younger renter-saver-workers getting ahead at the astonished complacent silence of the older HPI-fat-Conservatives. Maybe the Fed can bring forward interest rate rise, if Conservatives get majority / near majority, as part of the plan, for the HPC shakedown on the HPIers / Landlords / Apologists. Or I could just be out of my mind from extreme HPI madness.

I agree; RE is currently in a massive bubble. And bubbles do pop regardless of the type of money that helped fuel it. If ZIRP had no downside, why didn’t the Fed drop interest rates earlier and spare us from the “pain” of prior recessions? If rental incomes were so profitable, why didn’t Blackstone and other investment firms get into the REIT business decades ago? Even Yellen expressed her belief that too much leverage was desperately chasing too little yield as stock prices are becoming overvalued.