House Price Crash Forum

2015 Election Predictions

SpewLabour

HOLA441

After their results in the Euro's, I would be disappointed with that percentage.

I'd just like to say, I don't think UKIP are thugs....

Turnout in the euros is much lower. I think you'll find the average Kipper is a lot more motivated to vote in the euros than the other parties, hence why they do very well.

HOLA442

One result I will be very interested in is Orkney and Shetland, currently LD. I visited the Shetlands with my mother years ago and more than one local told us, 'We are are not Scots! We are Shetlanders!' They were quite vehement about it. So if they go SNP too...

Mind you I bet that result will be one of the last in, because of remote islands, so by the time we get it we''ll already know how the land lies.

HOLA443

Nope, being thugs makes them thugs: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2758514/The-Seriously-Nasty-Party-With-one-day-damning-evidence-bullying-intimidation-voters-Scots-nationalists-just-ask-Miliband.html

• Pro-union voters have endured stone-throwing and been called traitors
  • Many are now said to be too scared to show their support of a No vote
  • Ed Miliband was forced to abandon visit to Edinburgh shopping centre

Jebus, 9 months down the line and your still trying to peddle this bs?

HOLA444
HOLA445

Can't predict the number of seats, but I'll say there will be a late swing to SNP, as even those that loath them might get a little bit excited by the prospect of influence in Westminster.

Swing to Tories from Labour, as people actually focus on the prospect of Miliband in charge (similar to Kinnock in 1992)

Slight swing to Lib Dems, as they get a sympathy vote.

Swing away from Greens, as lots of people probably say "green" to pollsters because it sounds nice.

Ukip hard to call. Could be that lots of voters give up and vote tactically. Could also be that lots still embarrassed to admit to pollsters. I'll say a swing overall to Ukip (say, 20%).

Poll turnout record low.

HOLA446

UKIP to come 2nd to labour in many seats but not winning because of a small % of people voting tory. Those gains in marginals making up for labour losses to SNP.

Libdem vote to (almost) hold because their traditional voters, betrayed as they feel, have nobody else they would prefer to vote for. iow, pi$$ed off lib voters will vote lib to keep labour and/or the tories out.

Tory vote disappointing and Cameron gets replaced. Many tory voters start to see UKIP as the nu-tory party.

Things not as bad as labour thought it might be wrt seats won but their vote is decimated.

Everyone claims victory.

HOLA447

Normally I would predict that whichever way people vote the British government gets back in just like it does at every election. However, given the SNP does not believe in a British government things might be different this time. I suspect it will be close vote in England but a possible landslide to the nationalists north of the border and that is going to be the significant event in the long term. The UK periphery is tiring rapidly of the constant maladministration from Westminster by the mainstream parties and the Whitehall establishment whose number now appears to be up. People want simple competence in government not constant ideological driven change but Westminster cannot deliver it.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Tories 10 million votes

Labour 9 to 9.5 million

UKIP 3.25 million

Libdem 3 million

Green 2 million

SNP 1 million

I was thinking of putting labour on 8 million originally...seems I should have gone with my instincts...UKIP seem to be taking more votes from labour than tories...

Thats what they get for treating the white working class like dirt, I guess. Not just offshoring their jobs like the tories, but actually ignoring crimes against them.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I take my theoretical hat off to you. You had a far better take on the Scottish mood than I, and I bloody live here! :D

I love Scotland. I went to Glencoe once for dinner and had appalling service. I didn't say anything but when I went to pay I gave them my credit card. He looked at it and said "Oh I'm so sorry. If I had known you were a McDonald I would have given you good service!"

And yes, that is my surname....

Very surprised Labour didn't do better against the Cons in England, though.

HOLA4413

I love Scotland. I went to Glencoe once for dinner and had appalling service. I didn't say anything but when I went to pay I gave them my credit card. He looked at it and said "Oh I'm so sorry. If I had known you were a McDonald I would have given you good service!"

And yes, that is my surname....

Very surprised Labour didn't do better against the Cons in England, though.

My wife has a cousin named Ronald McDonald.