House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

The Conservatives Believe In Prosperity - Labour In A Magic Money Tree

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11587655/The-Conservatives-believe-in-prosperity-Labour-in-a-magic-money-tree.html

The parties of the Left just cannot understand that money has to be earned before it is spent

British politics has always been a tale of two halves: Lancastrians versus Yorkists, Whigs against Tories, free traders or protectionists. Today’s political world is best seen through an equally Manichean prism. But rather than Left versus Right, the dividing line is rooted in the most basic of economic ideas.

There are two, diametrically opposed camps. The first group understands that there is no such thing as a free lunch. One cannot get something for nothing: everything – a new car, more doctors or more frequent train services – comes with an opportunity cost that can be measured in terms of money, time and effort.

If we want to spend more, we need to earn more first; without prosperity, political promises are worthless. We cannot just take and consume; we must also give and produce. The Conservative Party, for all its limitations, intuitively understands that this is the central governing principle of human societies. That is why it worries, at least part of the time, about making Britain a more appealing place for entrepreneurs and employers. The economy doesn’t just thrive in a vacuum: it is made up of myriad people who need to be incentivised to work together, to invest and to create new goods and services.

A hilarious headline from the Torygraph. Completely ignoring the free lunch spending of the ConLibs over the past 5 years and the huge pile of debt dumped on future taxpayers. The Tories didn't earn the money, they borrowed it, if they get re-elected they'll keep borrowing it.

Any government willing to spend £10.5Bn on giving handouts to HA tenants no longer has any right to talk about fiscal responsibility. And that's before we even mention HTB, which I remember one economist describing as the most fiscally irresponsible policy he'd ever seen.

Tories in a terrible panic here.

Every day I have received post from Byron Davies the Conservative candidate.

Today, at 11.00 am a tory man called with leaflets, two hours later a tory leaflet was put through my letter box.

Tonight was hilarious, the phone rang,

'Hello, I am Jason and I am calling for the Conservative party'

me ' I am voting UKIP, bye.'

Hung up.

Labour is the drunken sailor (spending like there's no tomorrow) and the conservatives are like his wife (poor but doing their best).

Labour f**ked it up BIG STYLE, the conservatives were handed a pile of s**t and had to shovel it somewhere..... :-D

The telegraph rewriting history and entirely forgetting about the false house price boom created through the various policy manipulations of the Conservatives (and their Junior Conservative coalition partners). Free market :lol::lol: Entirely forgetting about the lies before the 2010 general election - and plenty since then.

They're really terrified for their Magic Money Tree on Treasure Island.

It's not going according to plan for them, not going according to plan for them at all.

Edited by billybong

From the telegraph link:

But despite everything, the philosophical gulf between Labour and the Tories – the only parties with any hope of leading the next government – is greater than it has been for many decades.

The gulf being whether to double, triple or quadruple the debt ..................................... - for (their) wealth creation purposes of course.

I had a Tory activist tell me the national debt was gone and the deficit was down. When I gave her the facts she suddenly had to go. Must of done her nut in when said I didn't support any party in particular.

They wouldn't know the difference between the nation debt and deficit, if they had to either pay it back or borrow it!

What worries me is that they don't expect us to know either? Don't people watch TV? :lol:

What worries me is that they don't expect us to know either? Don't people watch TV? :lol:

Yes, they do, but stuff like "educating Joey Essex", Joey being a man who, probably like his viewers, thinks Nick Leg is the leader of the Liberal Democats (and i made no typos there whatsoever).

Free market tories believe in the free market ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Those will be the free-marketeers who blocked the takeover of BSkyB, Astra Zeneca and now, BP. The same free-marketeers who restrict planning permissions whilst injecting £375bn of printed funny money plus numerous lending schemes into the property market, whilst leaning on banks who wish to forclose on those who don't honour credit agreements.

They'll be the same lot who imposed "austerity" - a word that now officially means spending beyond your ways and means, but a bit less so than the last lot did.

It'll also be the same lot who masterminded a "march of the makers" that has led to us now being able to "pay our way in the world" whilst simultaneously wracking up the largest current account deficit since records began in 1948.

The very same lot no doubt who declared savers the innocent victims of the financial crisis, before driving base rates to the lowest level since records began in 1694, and then declaring "I would like interest rates to stay low forever".

The very same lot who so hate bureaucracy that they declared a bonfire of red tape, only to make the tax code even bigger (now 17000 pages!).

The Conservatives Believe In Prosperity - Labour In A Magic Money Tree

Money from a magical tree - ridiculous. Money comes from magical houses.

The parties of the Left just cannot understand that money has to be earned.
Of course, because money doesn't have to be earned. It can simply be extorted by holding essential assets, such as land, to ransom. Magically.

Tories in a terrible panic here.

Every day I have received post from Byron Davies the Conservative candidate.

Today, at 11.00 am a tory man called with leaflets, two hours later a tory leaflet was put through my letter box.

Tonight was hilarious, the phone rang,

'Hello, I am Jason and I am calling for the Conservative party'

me ' I am voting UKIP, bye.'

Hung up.

Panicking here in Dumfries and Galloway today. Just had a leaflet from David (the only incumbent Conservative MP in Scotland) informing me that "the SNP surge is real and it's happening here in Dumfriesshire, Clydesale and Tweeddale as well as the rest of Scotland". Too late David, I've noticed it for a while!

I'm feeling the panic when the poll came out very near to the referendum. Very entertaining and interesting indeed to watch events unfold!

Can't remember the last time I sat up to watch the results come in for a UK election but will definetly be doing so this time.

No idea what's going to happen but at least it's going to be interesting I think.

The Conservatives believe in prosperity - Labour in a magic money tree

With UK people having to live in some of the smallest and most expensive homes in the "developed" world the beliefs of both of them have amounted to pretty much zilch.

Edited by billybong

More Tory panic, just had a phone call (1315 hours) on behalf of David Cameron.

Caller 'I am calling on behalf of David Cameron, may I ask what time are you going to vote?'

Me. 'Who?'

Caller, 'David Cameron, the Prime Minister.'

Me (vaguely) 'Oh that PPE wanquer.'

Phone was replaced by caller.

Edited by Byron