House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Reduced Today.......but Price Gone Up 100K.

Came across this listing.

It clearly says "REDUCED TODAY" in the rightmove search

but property bee says:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION^1298&insId=3&maxDaysSinceAdded=3&radius=10.0&googleAnalyticsChannel=buying

7 bedroom detached house for sale Old House Lane, Corley, Coventry, Warwickshire, CV7 8BS

Wed 06 May 2015 05:43:12 PM BST

Price changed: Guide Price £1,500,000 £1,600,000

I've emailed the agent to inform them of this mistake and will be emailing trading standards too,

Email Rightmove as well - although they will ultimately come down on the side of the EA they will at least question them about the discrepancy, and get back to you with whatever bullsh1t the EA gives them in response.

I would not bother.

If you are going to email RM about all the mistakes then you spend a load on e-stamps.

I've lost count on the number of entries have had the number of bedrooms revised.

FFS you go in the house and walk round counting.

what a hilariously naff house.

can you imagine the conversations with the architect? Unless your some sort of french king there is no excuse for this.

beat me to it. I had no idea that French royalty was still alive and kicking. Must be the proximity to corley services with it's wide range of artisan foods.

The saying is "If you've got It - flaunt It." Well this house has, most definitely, "Got It." With Kerb Appeal and Wow Factor in abundanc

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Someone's taking the piss, please tell me they're taking the piss

Russian/Chinese will love that. Don't confuse your taste with universal taste.

Looks palatial. I can only find one TV set in the whole house which collaborates to my idea that the richer people have less TV (brainwashing) equipment. They must spend their time analysing the arbitrage on bond yields (I made that up).

This one I clicked on by accident -it has 2 TV sets http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34541172.html/svr/3116;jsessionid=5071F937470A70E136A64DBB9D4B290F

Edited by 200p

Looking at some of those rooms stirs memories of the nightmare sequences from Twin Peaks. I'm half expecting to see Kyle MacLachlan pursued by the sinister midget.

Probably true, but take out the furniture and the house is still appalling. Can't imagine Russian/Chinese oligarchs queuing around the block!

Looks palatial. I can only find one TV set in the whole house which collaborates to my idea that the richer people have less TV (brainwashing) equipment. They must spend their time analysing the arbitrage on bond yields (I made that up).

This one I clicked on by accident -it has 2 TV sets http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34541172.html/svr/3116;jsessionid=5071F937470A70E136A64DBB9D4B290F

Behind every hanging picture is a TV

You cannot confuse taste with "status" there is no actual taste here just someone with money trying to assert there elite status. Every item has no actual aestetic value its just money which is probably why it would appeal to wealthy russians chinese or footballers.

I would not bother.

If you are going to email RM about all the mistakes then you spend a load on e-stamps.

I've lost count on the number of entries have had the number of bedrooms revised.

FFS you go in the house and walk round counting.

Round here (streets and streets of terraced houses) a lot of that is caused by counting an attic conversion as a bedroom in the initial advert, then a surveyor for a mortgage provider goes in, finds the conversion doesn't conform to building regulations, and the advert has to be amended to reduce the number of bedrooms. (And the house doesn't get sold, as the mortgage provider isn't going to lend the price of a 4-bedroomed house on a house that's actually only got 3 bedrooms and an, er, "useful space".)

You cannot confuse taste with "status" there is no actual taste here just someone with money trying to assert there elite status. Every item has no actual aestetic value its just money which is probably why it would appeal to wealthy russians chinese or footballers.

It's always a turn-up what some people like. On a very rare visit to Harrods we saw among other Louis Faroukh-ish stuff, an incredibly ornate, gold-plated tea trolley priced at over £7000. They must sell the things or they wouldn't stock them. There are plenty of Arabs with vast amounts of money in the area, especially in the summer, when they are escaping their nightmare climate at home.