House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wherebee

Yup - The Don't Want Nasty Thinking Voters To Crash House Prices

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/11584068/Expats-in-uproar-over-missing-ballot-papers.html

No papers arrived for me. Means I will not have a say.

If I was paranoid I could surmise that they don;t want voters who actually care enough to sign up from thousands of miles away and keep records updated,,,,,in case we think too much.

And I was going to vote UKIP as well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/11584068/Expats-in-uproar-over-missing-ballot-papers.html

If I was paranoid I could surmise that they don;t want voters who actually care enough to sign up from thousands of miles away and keep records updated,,,,,in case we think too much.

That chap has received 17 complaints from expats... Surely just lost in post and not some huge c$ck up?

This is the problem....

The spokesman added that the earliest that postal votes can be dispatched to overseas electors is after the list of those standing for election has been finalised, which happened at 4pm on April 20. Following this, ballot papers were printed and postal ballot packs prepared for mailing.

Not enough time to be sure of getting a vote if abroad. To be safe, on advice from the electoral services department at our local council offices, I arranged for a family member to have proxy postal votes on our behalf.

Wow. Don't agree with that. Even prisoners should have the vote as we are all subject to the decisions of government.

At the moment in Greece you would disallow the 50% of people under 25 years of age the right to vote because they cannot get work....in great part due to their government/EU 'government' combination.

I think the point is that allowing welfare recipients to vote does creates a moral hazard.

No representation without taxation.

That goes for the doley's too.

I pay tax in the UK. I have assets in the UK directly affected by government decisions. My future location of residence is bound up to government policy. My children are directly affected.

So yes, I feel entirely justified in expecting a vote.

I can't really feel pity for the bloke in that story. He hasn't lived here for 17 years so why should he get a say in how the country is run?

Regardless of how we feel...the law is the law. If people (even if they are absent) are denied votes...the person denying them needs to go down.