House Price Crash Forum

Brand Endorses Milliband: 10 Minutes Chatting Him Up And The Old Slapper Hops Into Bed.

pig

HOLA441

Spent the morning trawling the 'Trews' election coverage - I have to admit a fair few laugh out loud moments. Housing on the agenda.

Clearly enjoying the luxury of idealism - especially by not voting, so was surprised on him endorsing Miliband. The reaction has been amusingly hysterical.

I wonder what are the odds of Brand urinating on Millibands pledge stone in 5 years time ?

HOLA442
HOLA443

Ed Miliband's promise* to eat the royal baby 'like a bacon sandwich' clearly won Brand round.

* Must be true, I read it the Daily Telegraph, a newspaper of record.

Wouldn't surprise me ! But if you think thats over the top take a look at this:

Ed Miliband’s Russell Brand interview is no joke for the Sun, Mail and Star

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

8.35 minutes into the Brand interview and Miliband in profile couldn't have looked more like Gordon Brown. Then he kept on using the word "change".

Apart from that plenty of vague and meaningless statements with plenty of scope for various opposing interpretations. Labour use different types of words to the Conservatives but end up with the same policies.

Brand on about if the interests of the banks start getting put ahead of the interests of ordinary people then banks suffer and not people suffer - Miliband didn't seem too convinced by that. For sure the microphone would be certain to be switched off in the chauffeur driven car afterwards.

If Miliband gets elected it'll be interesting to see another meeting with Brand in say 2 or 3 years time. They could have it in the Downing Street garden with the pledge stone in the background.

Edited by billybong

HOLA447

8.35 minutes into the Brand interview and Miliband in profile couldn't have looked more like Gordon Brown. Then he kept on using the word "change".

Apart from that plenty of vague and meaningless statements with plenty of scope for various opposing interpretations. Labour use different types of words to the Conservatives but end up with the same policies.

Brand on about if the interests of the banks start getting put ahead of the interests of ordinary people then banks suffer and not people suffer - Miliband didn't seem too convinced by that. For sure the microphone would be certain to be switched off in the chauffeur driven car afterwards.

If Miliband gets elected it'll be interesting to see another meeting with Brand in say 2 or 3 years time. They could have it in the Downing Street garden with the pledge stone in the background.

Well, I read it as Brand wanting somebody to sweep into power throw the bankers into jail, bring the multi-nationals to heel, house people properly and so on. Miliband reigning in the speed that anything of the sort could happen and keeping quiet on the inevitable compromises he'll be forced to make.

Entirely sensible, but then of course you have basically bought your-self time and space to fail or just not bother. Somewhere in between realism and disillusionment have to reconcile themselves.

HOLA448

Miliband humouring Brand (and his fascinating but offbeat and unusual opinions - from Miliband's body language) for some young votes and getting down with the revolutionaries because Brand uses the sort of rhetoric that Labour can sort of listen to because of its long distant past - but if or when Miliband gets into power the meeting will be a distant memory and the focus will be on stuff like getting a seat in the Lords and a cushy banking sinecure.

I imagine Brand realises that as well.

Time will tell.

Edited by billybong

HOLA449

So, it seems that Brand was a mind controlled sleeper agent all along. His handlers give the signal at the critical moment and most of his 9.6 million Twitter followers swing the election to a clear Labour majority. Very clever.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Miliband humouring Brand (and his fascinating but offbeat and unusual opinions - from Miliband's body language) for some young votes and getting down with the revolutionaries because Brand uses the sort of rhetoric that Labour can sort of listen to because of its long distant past - but if or when Miliband gets into power the meeting will be a distant memory and the focus will be on stuff like getting a seat in the Lords and a cushy banking sinecure.

I imagine Brand realises that as well.

Time will tell.

I actually thought the Greens suited Brand better - as if anticipating this its interesting that he pimps the Greens for (I think) Brighton. If he's voting Labour then really he should be explaining more why he's shifted from a sort of ivory tower non-voting idealism to getting his hands dirty pragmatism.