House Price Crash Forum

Boeing 787 Has Risk Of Total Power Failure Making The Plane Uncontrollable

HOLA441

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/05/01/2015-10066/airworthiness-directives-the-boeing-company-airplanes

This AD was prompted by the determination that a Model 787 airplane that has been powered continuously for 248 days can lose all alternating current (AC) electrical power due to the generator control units (GCUs) simultaneously going into failsafe mode. This condition is caused by a software counter internal to the GCUs that will overflow after 248 days of continuous power. We are issuing this AD to prevent loss of all AC electrical power, which could result in loss of control of the airplane.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I wonder whether that alleged Germanwings 'pilot suicide' story actually was a cover up for a similar software problem on Airbus planes...

French investigators covering up for a French plane manufacturer...

HOLA444
HOLA445

I wonder whether that alleged Germanwings 'pilot suicide' story actually was a cover up for a similar software problem on Airbus planes...

the A320 is pretty old, so generator problems might have come to light already.

I dont wonder this at all.

HOLA446

We are adopting a new airworthiness directive (AD) for all The Boeing Company Model 787 airplanes. This AD requires a repetitive maintenance task for electrical power deactivation on Model 787 airplanes.

Translation:

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Translation:

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Works every time.

I'm awaiting the in-flight announcement- Ladies and gentlemen, we're experiencing some technical difficulties, I'm afraid we're going to have to interrupt the in-flight movie...

HOLA4410

given up on it being an EMP burst then? What about all the other stupid conspiracies you came up with?

HOLA4411

given up on it being an EMP burst then? What about all the other stupid conspiracies you came up with?

LOL - I'm sure I met Eagle in Saudi Arabia back in 2010. He was this Pakistani guy who was adamant that earthquakes in Pakistan were caused by US Satelites beaming down special radio waves. Anti Muslim plot and all that ;-)

Archived