House Price Crash Forum
Assume The Opposite

Guardian: "the Economy Has Come Off Its Sugar-Rush High"

From the Guardian today: "The economy has come off its sugar-rush high. Growth was boosted in 2013 and early 2014 by a booming housing market"

I had wondered if the HPI would cool down around this time. The long term economic plan HPI is working to enslave generation rent.

Please give us another five years to finish the job? Pretty please? :P By the time 2020 comes, you'll have no healthcare, no mortgage and no future. The deficit will be gone though. Just smile and wave. :D

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/may/01/uk-factory-data-debunks-tory-claims-of-economic-recovery

Sugar rush high? "Growth" when GDP per capita has been falling, but importing 250K+ net immigrants per year has created a modest boost to absolute GDP? Whoopdy doo. Makes it sound like the last 5 years have had people singing "the future's so bright, I've gotta wear shades". There was no sugar-rush, only a fake aspartame equivilant.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

I wish they would stop doing-stuff to help.

Church: Well don't worry because I have a great plan for how we're gonna rescue Tex.
Tucker: A plan? Oh, man, I hate plans. That means we're gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy or a ..mission statement?

- Red vs Blue (Season 1, Episode 13)

"the future's so bright, I've gotta wear shades". There was no sugar-rush, only a fake aspartame equivilant.

Brilliant, just brilliant :P CCHQ may well be watching and will slap that phrase on the sun front cover. :ph34r:

After Gideons last budget the DM come out with "Sun shines on our savers" LOLLLLL

From the Guardian today: "The economy has come off its sugar-rush high. Growth was boosted in 2013 and early 2014 by a booming housing market"

I had wondered if the HPI would cool down around this time. The long term economic plan HPI is working to enslave generation rent.

Please give us another five years to finish the job? Pretty please? :P By the time 2020 comes, you'll have no healthcare, no mortgage and no future. The deficit will be gone though. Just smile and wave. :D

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/may/01/uk-factory-data-debunks-tory-claims-of-economic-recovery

...US was on ropes 1st qtr ...world of slow growth ..typical Guardian pseudo scare story ...under Labour we would be kicked out of Europe by now and Greeks would be financial wizards ...no need for referendum....might be good option if Labour get in and demolish the economy once again ..... :rolleyes:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/29/news/economy/us-economy-first-quarter-gdp/

U.S. economy cools in first quarter

The U.S. gross domestic product, the broadest measure of economic growth, only rose 0.2% in the first quarter, well below expectations that growth would be 1%.

Edited by South Lorne

I wish they would stop doing-stuff to help.

Oh George is on moneybox today. Talking about hhow they are going to help home buyers.

Helping home sellers I shouted.

Brilliant, just brilliant :P CCHQ may well be watching and will slap that phrase on the sun front cover. :ph34r:

After Gideons last budget the DM come out with "Sun shines on our savers" LOLLLLL

Nah, it's good timing. It will take 6 month before people feel it in their pockets, by which time the Tories will blame it on the new government (or coalition partners if they are part of the new government).

Sugar rush high? "Growth" when GDP per capita has been falling, but importing 250K+ net immigrants per year has created a modest boost to absolute GDP? Whoopdy doo. Makes it sound like the last 5 years have had people singing "the future's so bright, I've gotta wear shades". There was no sugar-rush, only a fake aspartame equivilant.

Yep. ZZ Top was right, after all.

"The economy has come off its sugar-rush high. Growth was boosted in 2013 and early 2014 by a booming housing market"

Propaganda trying to pretend that all you need for "growth" is a booming housing market. Setting the stage for more wreckless policies based on even crazier house prices and in the process wrecking the British economy some more.

Incidentally there hasn't been "a booming housing market" as the number of new homes being built is still at record lows - at most there was a daft boom in house prices in London and maybe in nearby areas.

Edited by billybong

Well Obongocare is certainly containing the yanks healthcare costs... :lol:

Personal%20Consumption%20Q1%202015_0.jpg

Just as denninger predicted, the healthcare meatgrinder is crowding out spending in other areas...and taking the rest of the economy with it.

Our healthcare spending isnt (yet) as absurd as the yanks, but has the same trajectory...and given the way in which all our political leaders seem hellbent on shoving cash its way for little apparent return, it wont be long till we have a similar problem.

Well Obongocare is certainly containing the yanks healthcare costs... :lol:

Personal%20Consumption%20Q1%202015_0.jpg

Just as denninger predicted, the healthcare meatgrinder is crowding out spending in other areas...and taking the rest of the economy with it.

Our healthcare spending isnt (yet) as absurd as the yanks, but has the same trajectory...and given the way in which all our political leaders seem hellbent on shoving cash its way for little apparent return, it wont be long till we have a similar problem.

Healthcare has always been up there with housing as the biggest items of personal expenditure in the US - see the personal consumption expenditure figures here http://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?reqid=9&step=1&acrdn=2#reqid=9&step=3&isuri=1&903=70

Personal spending on health care in US

2006 - 1,394.2 billions, 2007 – 1,481.8 billions, 2008 - 1,556.5 billions, 2009 – 1,627.4 billions, 2010 - 1,690.7 billions, 2011 – 1,764.7 billions, 2012 – 1,854.7 billions, 2013 – 1,920.3 billions

Between 2006 and 2007, it rose 87.6 billions

between 2007 and 2008, 74.7 billions

between 2008 and 2009, 70.9 billions

between 2009 and 2010, 63.3 billions

between 2010 and 2011, 74 billions

between 2011 and 2012, 90 billions

between 2012 and 2013, 65.6 billions.

This is all before Obamacare came into effect on January 1, 2014.

In fact, in 2014 combined spending on healthcare by households, businesses and the government increased by the smallest amount in half a century http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/03/health-care-spending_n_6256166.html

Healthcare has always been up there with housing as the biggest items of personal expenditure in the US - see the personal consumption expenditure figures here http://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?reqid=9&step=1&acrdn=2#reqid=9&step=3&isuri=1&903=70

Only if by 'always' you mean 'since the government got heavily involved in the healthcare market'.

Ah - the tried and tested Aussie growth model.

Coincidentially low value FMCG produced in the UK seem to be finding new export markets. Whilst waiting at the supermarket checkout in Woolworths (aussie firm) for the usual half an hour I was amazed by how many UK manufactured goods we had in the trolley - Rivita, baby beetroot, own brand deordorant, Sensodyne. Infact I'm feeling so patriotic I might go and buy a case of Greene King Abbot later.

Oh yes Kurt....Greene King , Bury street Edmunds finest!

To counter homesickness here`s more. Got up this Sunday morning to ride my 30 year old racing bike to the park`n ride fleamarket.(it`s not that bad...the bike has flash shimado wheels!) Very few stalls for some reason.

Rained constantly. Spent 1.85 on strimmer wire. Thought about buying a cabbage.

Went to waitrose to drink free coffee.

Collected newspapers from waitrose bins for cats toilet.

Rode home (rain desisted)

Bet you wish you were here.