House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNACR

Disappointing Cheeses

At the risk of sliding into the tedium of Twitter and Facebook posts about what people are eating I am just tucking into some white stilton with cranberries and it's very disappointing.

Feel free to add any further disappointing cheeses worth avoiding and I'II add them to my Dairylea Hall of Shame.

Any so called "mature/strong" cheddar that does not have those little tangy crystals in, is a total disappointment

That's cocaine-smuggling gone wrong.

That fudgy stuff from Norway.

Do you mean that brown cheese that's sort of sweet? We were given some by a Norwegian guest and had to pretend to like it. And we do love most cheese. Certainly an acquired taste, to put it politely. IIRC I put most of out in the garden for Fred the Fox.

Do you mean that brown cheese that's sort of sweet? We were given some by a Norwegian guest and had to pretend to like it. And we do love most cheese. Certainly an acquired taste, to put it politely. IIRC I put most of out in the garden for Fred the Fox.

That's the one.

If I may subvert the thread by putting in a word for an underrated cheese, Garstang Blue.

Any cheese that does not come with a free plastic toy.

I do not dine in sophisticated circles.

I believe, in the sophisticated circles, their cheese comes with a quality wooden Montessori toy.

That's the one.

If I may subvert the thread by putting in a word for an underrated cheese, Garstang Blue.

There's certainly a risk it could go like the women you could/would/should/shouldn't do a sex to threads.

Jarlsberg.

Yes, that's certainly one of the most disappointing of the disappointing cheeses.

Update: The white stilton and cranberry is growing on me I think I may have misdiagnosed a disappointing cracker as a disappointing cheese.

Update: The white stilton and cranberry is growing on me I think I may have misdiagnosed a disappointing cracker as a disappointing cheese.

Your misdiagnosis was clearly due to insufficient wine.

I'm now inclined to start a thread about disappointing crackers but I'm worried it will end up with someone posting about how they would totally do Robbie Coltrane.

I'm now inclined to start a thread about disappointing crackers but I'm worried it will end up with someone posting about how they would totally do Robbie Coltrane.

Too late, you've sown the seed, Jarlsberg on new style Ritz just popped into my head.

There's certainly a risk it could go like the women you could/would/should/shouldn't do a sex to threads.

Someone mention Hitler and that will be the end of the thread.

Jarlsberg don't make crackers but if they did they'd probably be sh1t too.

Actually Carlsberg is one of the more disappointing lagers - avoid anything ending in 'arlsberg'