House Price Crash Forum

Letting Agent Belvoir Emailing About Labour Policies - Merged

Oh no!!! A whole £13 per month more vs...

...400 quid up front to just be allowed to see a property, plus £125 for credit check, plus £50 finders fee, plus ....<snips more parasitic behaviour>... plus having to deal with these shysters once a year on an ongoing basis.

You're really selling it to me Belvoir.

My thoughts exactly :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People that work in letting agents are never the ones who were top of the class at school.

Last year the agent tried to get me to pay £200 to renew a contract. They told me if I did not pay the £200 I would be evicted.

In the end I agreed to pay £75. Still a rip off to change two words in the tenancy agreement and renew the deposit protection which costs them £25.....

Is this not a real con, the three deposit protection schemes charging so much to protect the deposits?

Belvoirs tried to charge me for made up items of wear and tear.

I took them to the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and won my case, Please read all here if they have tried the same with you:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/188868-do-i-cash-the-cheque/

Nice :) One of the things Belvoir Colchester charged me for was to redo the seal round a bath that had went mouldy in places. This was a bathroon with no outside window and I had been living in the property for over 3 years - charged me £80

Edit to add:

I think that's what they mean by a professional ethical service

Edited by Unsafe As Houses

Nice :) One of the things Belvoir Colchester charged me for was to redo the seal round a bath that had went mouldy in places. This was a bathroon with no outside window and I had been living in the property for over 3 years - charged me £80

Edit to add:

I think that's what they mean by a professional ethical service

Eh?

Wear and tear?

People that work in letting agents are never the ones who were top of the class at school.

Last year the agent tried to get me to pay £200 to renew a contract. They told me if I did not pay the £200 I would be evicted.

In the end I agreed to pay £75. Still a rip off to change two words in the tenancy agreement and renew the deposit protection which costs them £25.....

Is this not a real con, the three deposit protection schemes charging so much to protect the deposits?

As others mentioned, as long as you or the landlord do not gone notice it will move to a rolling tenancy. Just keep paying the rent, you will not be evicted.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cambridge-lettings-agency-emails-tenants-warn/story-26464144-detail/story.html

A letting agency has been subject to criticism after it sent an email to tenants which suggested a vote for Labour could cost them their homes, it has been reported.

An email signed Belvoir Peterborough and Cambridge, published in The Guardian, was sent out during the election campaign and outlines the agency's view of the consequences of a Labour government.

The email says: "As a letting agent, we are not interested in promoting any particular political party, but do feel that it is important to alert you, as a valued client, to the potentially damaging outcomes of Labour's proposed policies. These are policies that will be extremely detrimental to you."

The message goes on to outline possible outcomes of Labour's plan to abolish fees for tenants.