House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jammin35

Local Paper Story

Had a lot of fun this afternoon posting on a story in my area. One comment from one poster stood out:

"Wykewize wrote:

I have been trying to sell my 4 bedroom house large garden, courner plot, easy walking distance to schools for all ages for over 2 years, a great family home. Only £180,000. A snip. People who wanted to buy, more than one couple with children, couldn't get a mortgage. So I've take it off the market and am enjoying living in my house in Weymouth using all the rooms for different things. People who want to buy are being stopped by the ludicrous restrictions that have recently been put on the financial services as a quick fix reaction to the previous problems with the banks. As usual we ordinary people suffer."

Can you believe these people?

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/12919242.PRICED_OUT__Housing_shock_as_figures_reveal_only_EIGHT_homes_in_Weymouth_and_Portland_are_affordable_for_families/?action=success#comments

Had a lot of fun this afternoon posting on a story in my area. One comment from one poster stood out:

"Wykewize wrote:

I have been trying to sell my 4 bedroom house large garden, courner plot, easy walking distance to schools for all ages for over 2 years, a great family home. Only £180,000. A snip. People who wanted to buy, more than one couple with children, couldn't get a mortgage. So I've take it off the market and am enjoying living in my house in Weymouth using all the rooms for different things. People who want to buy are being stopped by the ludicrous restrictions that have recently been put on the financial services as a quick fix reaction to the previous problems with the banks. As usual we ordinary people suffer."

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/12919242.PRICED_OUT__Housing_shock_as_figures_reveal_only_EIGHT_homes_in_Weymouth_and_Portland_are_affordable_for_families/?action=success#comments

Brilliant.

They don't, and will never, get it.

Next time their house goes on the market will probably be for 120k

"Wykewize wrote:

Its Weymouth.

At 180k, he just needs to find someone with a ~30k deposit and earning 50k/year.

It should not take them too long to speak to all ~10 people earning that in Weymouth.

Its Weymouth.

At 180k, he just needs to find someone with a ~30k deposit and earning 50k/year.

It should not take them too long to speak to all ~10 people earning that in Weymouth.

But..but.. what happened to Lord Coe's Olympic Sailing legacy?