House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEATH

If They Passed No New Laws For The Next 5 Years Would Anyone Care Or Notice?

Would there be mass anarchy? Perhaps mass starvation with us all turning into cannibals?

The economy would probably do better with no uncertainties.

The politicians must be afraid of the people realising they don't need them.

We would be better for it. (Belgium survived without a government a good while.)

Some certainties for the next term from the power-mad crazies that will find themselves elected?

Do we really need any more than don't hurt or kill people and don't steal or defraud them? I'm struggling to think of anything else that needs specific laws.

Do we really need any more than don't hurt or kill people and don't steal or defraud them? I'm struggling to think of anything else that needs specific laws.

And not eating pigs or shellfish, or boiling a kid in his mothers milk.

thats what happens when you drop the tablets, and god forgot what he commanded to be writ on the new set, that needed 3 tablets, and he added a few things.

infallable, all knowing indeed.

Perhaps they should have stopped after the 10 commandments ....

Probably very few people would notice or care. As I just posted in the Politics thread though if Labour get back in prepare yourself for lots more stupid laws based on SJWs wish lists.

Probably very few people would notice or care. As I just posted in the Politics thread though if Labour get back in prepare yourself for lots more stupid laws based on SJWs wish lists.

You will get 3 year secure tenancy agreements but imprisoned for questioning Islam.

Minimum pricing on alcohol will probably happen (have it in Scotland; in the Isle of Man they've banned drinks promotions). Do-good Puritans drunk on power and self-importance. Of course, for those on a budget who enjoy a drink now and again, it bumps up the cost of living.

The late Capt. Ranty used to post a link for all the laws shat out by the politicians/EU. We'd got to over 4000 per year. Beyond ridiculous.

Would there be mass anarchy? Perhaps mass starvation with us all turning into cannibals?

The economy would probably do better with no uncertainties.

The politicians must be afraid of the people realising they don't need them.

Everything would be fine. In fact, I'll go further than that and say everything will be better.

I'm struggling to think of anything else that needs specific laws.

Which is why the Common Law is so good - let judges and juries figure that out as needed, keep parliament out of it.

Minimum pricing on alcohol will probably happen (have it in Scotland; in the Isle of Man they've banned drinks promotions). Do-good Puritans drunk on power and self-importance. Of course, for those on a budget who enjoy a drink now and again, it bumps up the cost of living.

We have that by default here in Ontario (government run alcohol monopoly that sets high prices) and the inevitable result is that home brewing is very popular. We even have 'brew stores' where you can go to make large quantities of wine from fresh pressed grapes - so long as you throw the yeast in and then come back to do the bottling (very easy with a corking machine) there's no duty at all. It's all very silly.

Everything would be fine. In fact, I'll go further than that and say everything will be better.

Yes. Politicians are just like managers. The fewer, the better.

They get in the way, inserting themselves into every process, demanding people report to them, calling unnecessary and time wasting meetings and metrics gathering, alienating, demotivating and demoralising everyone they have dealings with.

I loathe them in all their forms.

The Major govt. was a bit like that,or at least it seemed that way.

It was! And it was in many ways a good government - got rid of the poll tax, took us out of the ERM, gave us all a good laugh (cones hotline, back to basics etc.) did a decent job on the economy and didn't pass much in the way of stupid new laws (although that tw*t Howard tried and failed to bring in ID cards).

The late Capt. Ranty used to post a link for all the laws shat out by the politicians/EU. We'd got to over 4000 per year. Beyond ridiculous.

Nothing is more terrifying than someone who wants to save you from yourself. Most tyranny is based on people doing good unto others. As an example to others the correct response to these people is to throw them from clifftops.

The message:

Mind your own business.

We have that by default here in Ontario (government run alcohol monopoly that sets high prices) and the inevitable result is that home brewing is very popular. We even have 'brew stores' where you can go to make large quantities of wine from fresh pressed grapes - so long as you throw the yeast in and then come back to do the bottling (very easy with a corking machine) there's no duty at all. It's all very silly.

Reputedly the largest buyer of alcohol in the world.

I suppose I should be grateful that we have choice here even though we have to walk across the parking lot after buying the groceries.

But when I'm in the U.S. or back in the U.K. and I see the booze shelves in the supermarket for a fleeting moment I think "wow, great selection of non-alcoholic drink"