House Price Crash Forum

Sleep Easy Friends, Monstrous Savage Banged Up.

HOLA441

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/je-suis-billy-boy-free-speech-for-football-fans/16774#.VT_8DCFVikr

The stuff of nightmares. Thankfully the judges didnt fall into the trap of blaming the rioting hooligans for being rioting hooligans (a bit difficult, as there were no rioting hooligans) but the individual singing who is undeniably a Hitler in waiting.

I feel so very much safer with the SNP passing these laws which are absolutely not an abuse of state power.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Well I don't!

I tell ya, we are under attack. For what ever reason they don't want 'normal' people to be out in the wild, contaminating people. With their 'normal' rules.

Remember when you were in pre-school and that little boy was always playing with his willy? Yeah me too! Well why did he stop? Was it because they outlawed anybody mentioning it at any time, didn't reprimand him and let him continue playing with it?

No of course not.

All the kids took the pi$$ and he stopped the next day.

What's wrong with knowing a bit about your history...

HOLA445

Well I don't!

I tell ya, we are under attack. For what ever reason they don't want 'normal' people to be out in the wild, contaminating people. With their 'normal' rules.

Remember when you were in pre-school and that little boy was always playing with his willy? Yeah me too! Well why did he stop? Was it because they outlawed anybody mentioning it at any time, didn't reprimand him and let him continue playing with it?

No of course not.

All the kids took the pi$$ and he stopped the next day.

What's wrong with knowing a bit about your history...

For the record, yes I did stop, but the mockery permanently traumatised me.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/je-suis-billy-boy-free-speech-for-football-fans/16774#.VT_8DCFVikr

The stuff of nightmares. Thankfully the judges didnt fall into the trap of blaming the rioting hooligans for being rioting hooligans (a bit difficult, as there were no rioting hooligans) but the individual singing who is undeniably a Hitler in waiting.

I feel so very much safer with the SNP passing these laws which are absolutely not an abuse of state power.

I would have said these songs amount to incitement to hate crimes. They're already outlawed in Northern Ireland. Whether they're worthy of prison is a different matter.

HOLA4410

I would have said these songs amount to incitement to hate crimes. They're already outlawed in Northern Ireland. Whether they're worthy of prison is a different matter.

Whoops! Wonder if my choir might be in danger of being banged up? We're going to perform Handel's Israel in Egypt, which glorifies a truly biblical god. That is, not the cuddly, forgiving God of Constantine or the Church of England, but the bloodthirsty one of events like the Crusades, Inquisition and Holocaust. One who not merely practices genocide, but revels in it.

HOLA4411

Whoops! Wonder if my choir might be in danger of being banged up? We're going to perform Handel's Israel in Egypt, which glorifies a truly biblical god. That is, not the cuddly, forgiving God of Constantine or the Church of England, but the bloodthirsty one of events like the Crusades, Inquisition and Holocaust. One who not merely practices genocide, but revels in it.

Maybe only 3 months then.

What about No Surrender then? I've sung that at football games; maybe I should turn myself in now.

HOLA4412

Start stigmatizing mere words as reason for violence, and you start getting the great unwashed thinking 'he insulted me, i'll beat the crap out of him'

Two in recent months...More than there have been racist murders in the same period.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3004807/Boy-16-killed-teenager-thought-Gangnam-Style-dancing-racist-jailed-eight-months.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3059485/Pensioner-died-stroke-yobs-kicked-beat-badly-baseball-bats-legs-amputated.html

It is believed the victim had been targeted in a case of mistaken identities by the gang who were seeking vengeance for alleged racial abuse.

Someone said nasty things about my nation/culture/religion/skin colour....boo hoo hoo. They must die.

Cry me a bloody river, precious.

HOLA4413

"Islamaphobia" is soon to join the ever-expanding group of hate crimes:

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/newspaper/top-stories/labour-to-outlaw-islamophobia-says-miliband-in-an-exclusive-interview/

HOLA4414

There's even some talk in that article about making it an offence to aggressively genuflect. How exactly is that possible?

I try to take some comfort from history in all this lunacy. According to Mackay's 'Extraordinary Popular Delusions', the witch-mania of the seventeenth century finally fizzled out because a. the accusers realised that they themselves were at risk from the laws they were enforcing and b. there simply wasn't the time or the manpower to enforce the numerous laws against witchcraft. Hopefully something similar will happen with all this pc thoughtcrime nonsense.

HOLA4415

How about banning the national anthem. I'd vote for that. Utter drivel.

Lord, grant that Marshal Wade,

May by thy mighty aid,

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush

And like a torrent rush,

Rebellious Scots to crush,

God save the King

That one gets brought up every now and then despite not actually being part of the National Anthem any more.

I'd just get rid of it because it's a dreary dirge that isn't even about the country.

HOLA4416

That one gets brought up every now and then despite not actually being part of the National Anthem any more.

I'd just get rid of it because it's a dreary dirge that isn't even about the country.

Yep, dreadful creaky old song to have as a national anthem. Very hard to sing it with any pride unlike the far more rousing Rule Britannia, Land of Hope and Glory, Jerusalem and many others.

HOLA4417

Yep, dreadful creaky old song to have as a national anthem. Very hard to sing it with any pride unlike the far more rousing Rule Britannia, Land of Hope and Glory, Jerusalem and many others.

All much better songs. Jerusalem is probably my favourite but is England and not the UK (and a title that's a city in a copmpletely different country seems rather odd).

HOLA4418

The sovereign is the figurehead of the state, so in a sense it is about the country.

I agree about the dirge, but that's because it's usually played too slowly and sung flat.

Any attempt to bring in a new national anthem would be so fraught with political correctness and political squabbling it would make the Scottish independence referendum look like a picnic.

HOLA4419

Looking at current politics, I guess the general wasn't too successful. ?. At least, not with this rebellious Scot.

HOLA4420

All much better songs. Jerusalem is probably my favourite but is England and not the UK (and a title that's a city in a copmpletely different country seems rather odd).

Did you ever look at the words?

Try sometime. Watch the irony of Blake's bitter words[1] whooshing over the head of Hubris Parry's bombastic setting.

A bit like US Republicans adopting Woody Guthrie's anthem for their triumphalist rallies, though I believe they omit the more pointedly critical verses.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I'm not sure that was ever officially part of the anthem, it's just one of several additional verses that were written by various people at various times.

HOLA4423

Yep, they seem to be saying "We're making a mess of it but let's aspire to something better because there's something fundamentally worthwhile there." Even more appropriate now than then IMO. I suppose you could argue he was being sarcastic.

HOLA4424

Try sometime. Watch the irony of Blake's bitter words[1] whooshing over the head of Hubris Parry's bombastic setting.

A bit like US Republicans adopting Woody Guthrie's anthem for their triumphalist rallies, though I believe they omit the more pointedly critical verses.

I like the words. OK Jerusalem just needs to be taken as a metaphor for utopia, but I like the fact that it urges people to struggle to lift our country from distopia to utopia.

HOLA4425

I agree, including the point about imprisonment being perhaps over the top. I don't think people living outside central Scotland appreciate the sheer nastiness associated with this stuff.

Archived