House Price Crash Forum
dances with sheeple

Leaders Debate From Edinbugh - No One Dare Look The Elephant In The Eye

Sorry it is "Election" debate not "Leaders" but we are getting down to business about housing, no one dare point out the BIg Elephant in the room though, the politicians are almost pathological in their need to say "It`s the price, build more, the price can`t change, supply and demand, price is fixed, it`s the price, we can`t do anything"

It's misdirection - the "crisis" is that there's not enough houses - as if houses are "sold out" to a crowd of willing buyers who can buy, but there's not enough to go around. That's how the "crisis" has been defined. A fake problem. In reality, demand is low because prices are too high.

It's misdirection - the "crisis" is that there's not enough houses - as if houses are "sold out" to a crowd of willing buyers who can buy, but there's not enough to go around. That's how the "crisis" has been defined. A fake problem. In reality, demand is low because prices are too high.

Very definitely misdirection, it doesn`t take a body language expert to see that the politicians are all out lying, they know the problem, they just don`t want too many sheeple to form the thoughts though.

It's painful isn't it?

Is this what we call 'democracy'? They don't have to address the problem if none of them can even acknowledge it.

Who do they hope to represent, another species living on a different planet, in another time frame? :lol:

I went to a mathematician and asked him the sum of 2 + 2, in our would his answer would be... 'Only on a Tuesday, before about half past ten.'

What's going on? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's painful isn't it?

Is this what we call 'democracy'? They don't have to address the problem if none of them can even acknowledge it.

Who do they hope to represent, another species living on a different planet, in another time frame? :lol:

I went to a mathematician and asked him the sum of 2 + 2, in our would his answer would be... 'Only on a Tuesday, before about half past ten.'

What's going on? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the audience are just too young to get it I think, they have lived mainly under the Bliar miracle, but the stresses are beginning to show, some sort of rent control will be a feature of the next election for sure, unless we get the collapse before then.

Most of the audience are just too young to get it I think, they have lived mainly under the Bliar miracle, but the stresses are beginning to show, some sort of rent control will be a feature of the next election for sure, unless we get the collapse before then.

There is actually a letter in The Times today, asking why on earth none of the parties have suggested abolishing mortgage tax relief for BTL, since it would level the playing field for OO buyers and also increase tax revenue.

While the interest for BTL looks very unfair, it may in fact be quite smart. If you believe the some sort of crash will come, one day?

This system of favoring BTL is going to give the BTL a bigger share of the losses. Which may pi$$ off less people. The longer this trend continues the more losses for BTL. Those excluded now may end up happy they were not able to buy.

This policy of discrimation against the average joe is crazy? Unless it's part of a plan.

For those lucky enough to live in there own house, they will do everything to keep there house. The paper values fails big deal, it's an illusion of wealth anyway.

The small scale BTL are going get swallowed up a low prices. It's going to be bucking frutal.

Divide and conquer, pushing the insanity even further with BTL makes political sense to me.

I look forward to the day when I see stories of greedy BTL getting wiped out. We still won't get a look in at a decent house because getting a loan will be very hard.

Transferring the housing stock directly from the people to the very very rich is not going work out. Angry mobs lamp post etc.

Transferring them via BTL houses is much more palatable.

BTL is being set up for a fall?

Nothing happens by accident.

There's a whole herd:

- 7% budget deficit.

~90% national dedt, from bailing out Gordon's great ideas.

- tax credits meaning we paying ~30% of the population to do low skilled jobs for 16h/week.

- massive levels of private debt, just as the IR cycle turns.

While the interest for BTL looks very unfair, it may in fact be quite smart. If you believe the some sort of crash will come, one day?

This system of favoring BTL is going to give the BTL a bigger share of the losses. Which may pi$$ off less people. The longer this trend continues the more losses for BTL. Those excluded now may end up happy they were not able to buy.

This policy of discrimation against the average joe is crazy? Unless it's part of a plan.

For those lucky enough to live in there own house, they will do everything to keep there house. The paper values fails big deal, it's an illusion of wealth anyway.

The small scale BTL are going get swallowed up a low prices. It's going to be bucking frutal.

Divide and conquer, pushing the insanity even further with BTL makes political sense to me.

I look forward to the day when I see stories of greedy BTL getting wiped out. We still won't get a look in at a decent house because getting a loan will be very hard.

Transferring the housing stock directly from the people to the very very rich is not going work out. Angry mobs lamp post etc.

Transferring them via BTL houses is much more palatable.

BTL is being set up for a fall?

Nothing happens by accident.

I can't say that this is happening for certain, but if I were running the UK economy, this is what I'd be doing.

Special tax exemptions? Curious regulatory carve outs? Massive transfer of risk to unsophisticated investors? You'd almost think there was a grand conspiracy or something.

How are the Wilsons doing in off-loading their BTL empire?

There's a whole herd:

- 7% budget deficit.

~90% national dedt, from bailing out Gordon's great ideas.

- tax credits meaning we paying ~30% of the population to do low skilled jobs for 16h/week.

- massive levels of private debt, just as the IR cycle turns.

Plus the near annual 24 Billion HB bill.

We've only helped the media/political classes by suggesting the problem is a lack of supply instead of HPI.

The banks have been the beneficiaries of HPI. They are racking in the difference between what housing should cost and actually does in increased interest payments.

Like any ponzi there has been just enough "winners" to hide the real game afoot.

Edited by Blod

No only watched '24 hours in the past' last night, with a bunch of celebrities grovelling in a pile of sh*t to extract some rag and bone.

At the end of the day the presenter was heard to exclaim 'their rent has taken over half their wages.' They were then expected to report to Victorian taskmaster for more p*ss poor backbreaking and disgusting precarious work at 6am the following morning, after a night where about a dozen of them share one room.

Oh hang on a bit, this sounds like a lot like now for increasing amounts of people!

Must be conditioning for another five years of Tory government

Edited by RentierParadisio

The idea that BTLers are being set up doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

A lot of MPs own BTLs.

If there's a crash that wipes out BTLers, then they'll all just go bankrupt. They're massively leveraged and don't have much real wealth to steal. The loss will be borne ultimately by the banks who will be forced to repossess and sell below the mortgage value. I can't believe anyone in power has a secret plan to disadvantage the banks.

Maybe some 1%ers will be able to pick up cheap property and the rest of us truly will become serfs. But there would have to be a lot more money-printing on the way there and a lot more state support for a bankrupt banking system.

Actually, maybe it's not so far-fetched...

The idea that BTLers are being set up doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

A lot of MPs own BTLs.

If there's a crash that wipes out BTLers, then they'll all just go bankrupt. They're massively leveraged and don't have much real wealth to steal. The loss will be borne ultimately by the banks who will be forced to repossess and sell below the mortgage value. I can't believe anyone in power has a secret plan to disadvantage the banks.

Maybe some 1%ers will be able to pick up cheap property and the rest of us truly will become serfs. But there would have to be a lot more money-printing on the way there and a lot more state support for a bankrupt banking system.

Actually, maybe it's not so far-fetched...

Apart from the larger and larger deposits they are being asked to make?