House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Rip Orville

Sad for his family, but did anyone find him funny?

Sure as hell I didn't, even as a kid.

Heart used to sink everytime he popped up on a Christmas Special or Variety Show.

Better ventriloquists almost weekly on Britains Got Talent.

Sums up the mans talents (talking about the multi, international award winning show by Ricky Gervais, Extras):

"I read the script and thought, 'This isn't clever writing, it's pure filth,'" he told The Independent in 2006.

Cuddles I think.

Yes, rather early at 67. He seemed like a nice bloke.

Ditto.

Most children's entertainers seem to fall into the "clearly hate kids but hiding it" category (Timmy Mallett) or the "creepy" one. Keith Harris however seemed totally normal and pretty funny.

Cue shocking expose story to prove me wrong!

"I read the script and thought, 'This isn't clever writing, it's pure filth,'" he told The Independent in 2006.

Said the entertainer who made a living sticking his hand up a chicken's ar*e.

Interesting post from elsewhere:

i actually worked with him on two projects. He was a little odd, he honestly believed the duck was real.

the second project (which I bailed out of when it got wierd) involved an animated series of Orville and Cuddles, promoted by Terry Wogans company, devised by Keith Harris and funded by Robert Maxwell (yes, him) and it was being made in Bulgaria. (where Maxwell had business interests)

a few trips in I realised it was not a project to be attached to!!!

Not necessarily, Sooty and Sweep outlived Harry H and amicably left Matthew on as Mr Pin will tell you.

I can't imagine why anyone thinks I have any connection with Sooty! :huh:

Ditto.

Most children's entertainers seem to fall into the "clearly hate kids but hiding it" category (Timmy Mallett) or the "creepy" one. Keith Harris however seemed totally normal and pretty funny.

Ditto.

I really hope not. Rolf Harris was a very surprising disappointment to me, in a way that Mr Saville, er, wasn't really.

His agent announced it. Did he have no family other than Orville?

That's a strange and sad thought!