House Price Crash Forum

I've Just Voted Ukip

TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441

Had an email from the local councillor in the next ward to me saying he'd been too busy to come to a meeting as it's a very close call on his seat.

Just had a look and yes it was very close last time.
http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/362/elections_and_voting/4658/previous_election_results/3

Moston Ward

Turnout: 31.38%

Surname Other Names Description (if any) Votes

CARDEN Stephen British National Party 153
DAR Yasmine Labour Party Candidate 1543
HOUSTON Nigel F UK Independence Party 1406
KALLMUNZER Daniel Conservative and Unionist Party 321
SMITH Luke James Green Party 203

Manchester is currently 100% labour (Although one of them is a Independent Labour person)
Interesting to see if that actually changes.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Farage spot on again:

What will UKIP do differently in the 2020 campaign, Chris Hope asks Nigel Farage in Ramsgate. “Have a bigger budget and accept that British politics has now been reduced to such a puerile level that you can’t debate serious issues,” the leader replies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2015-32603709

Edited by Errol

HOLA443

Farage spot on again:

What will UKIP do differently in the 2020 campaign, Chris Hope asks Nigel Farage in Ramsgate. “Have a bigger budget and accept that British politics has now been reduced to such a puerile level that you can’t debate serious issues,” the leader replies.

+1

Hopefully he'll keep trying to get the issues given serious discussion despite the obstacles to it put in place by the LibLabCon.

Edited by billybong

HOLA444
HOLA445

It seems clear to me that even if Farage doesn't win his seat, he should certainly be given a place in the House of Lords. It would be a shame to see the ideas he represents lost to the Uk.

Your joking, right? Who would promote him to the Lords?

HOLA446

Probably should rather than would. :P

The establishment are probably waiting for him to go hill walking, they aren't about to give him a permanent voice in the upper house.

HOLA447

It seems clear to me that even if Farage doesn't win his seat, he should certainly be given a place in the House of Lords. It would be a shame to see the ideas he represents lost to the Uk.

Well, at least Robert Blay has helpfully explained whats behind the idea of legalising guns !

HOLA448

Probably should rather than would. :P

The establishment are probably waiting for him to go hill walking, they aren't about to give him a permanent voice in the upper house.

I'm not sure I'd like his voice removed from the European parliament to be honest... I'm pro-Europe, but accept that changes have to be made, and Farage gives impetus to those changes being accepted.

HOLA449

He is the poster boy of the right-wing establishment - and has managed to get away with selling reactionary politics as 'change'.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I'm not sure I'd like his voice removed from the European parliament to be honest... I'm pro-Europe, but accept that changes have to be made, and Farage gives impetus to those changes being accepted.

I guess, if you're pro-Europe.

If you actually really do want out though, Westminster is the place for him. All he can do in the European Parliament is make noise, nobody there gives him or his tiny band of vagabonds and dissenters the time of day, and that's with him winning a national election - Westminster influence on the other hand might (slim chance) be parlayed into some actual power.

HOLA4412

He is the poster boy of the right-wing establishment - and has managed to get away with selling reactionary politics as 'change'.

Bit odd that it's wall to wall negativity aimed at him, All Smears, All Day. Even the Daily Heil has been non-stop at it for months. If he's an establishment figure than Emmanuel Goldstein was Big Brother all along.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Bit odd that it's wall to wall negativity aimed at him, All Smears, All Day. Even the Daily Heil has been non-stop at it for months. If he's an establishment figure than Emmanuel Goldstein was Big Brother all along.

The daily mail has just uncovered a best man speech made in 2001. IT'S MOST IMPORTANT!

Best man Farage and a bad taste joke that left Rod Stewart squirming: Ukip leader accused of homophobia after film emerges of him telling gag at brother's wedding

2001! source : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3070863/How-Farage-s-bad-taste-best-man-joke-left-Rod-Stewart-feeling-awkward-Ukip-leader-accused-homophobia-film-emerges-telling-gag-brother-s-wedding.html

You know when Farage was 3 months old he used to s**t himself. What sort of person is he? :lol:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Had an email from the local councillor in the next ward to me saying he'd been too busy to come to a meeting as it's a very close call on his seat.

Just had a look and yes it was very close last time.

http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/362/elections_and_voting/4658/previous_election_results/3

Moston Ward

Turnout: 31.38%

Surname Other Names Description (if any) Votes

CARDEN Stephen British National Party 153

DAR Yasmine Labour Party Candidate 1543

HOUSTON Nigel F UK Independence Party 1406

KALLMUNZER Daniel Conservative and Unionist Party 321

SMITH Luke James Green Party 203

Manchester is currently 100% labour (Although one of them is a Independent Labour person)

Interesting to see if that actually changes.

Tory vote denying UKIP and letting labour in. I wonder how many times that is going to happen today?

HOLA4419

Today me and my family shall be voting UKIP in one of their 10 target seats. For my seat the polls have us slightly behind Labour with the conservatives in 3rd, a vote for the Torys would be a wasted vote here and they should follow the advice to vote UKIP to keep Labour out.

HOLA4420

"right-wing establishment" - who are they? Name one!

He's just a reactionary, populist politician, who is the poster boy for most ordinary people.... The cad! :lol:

You know what thinking about it...I think you're right - i'm not sure what is the 'right-wing establishment' anymore.

'Ordinary people' I meet who are UKIP supporters are either seduced by a bit of xenophobia, or former conservative voters who don't like Camerons conservatives or are generally concerned they are getting too pc, too centrist/Blair-like, especially after railing for 13 years against New Labour.

Murdoch may be 'right-wing' but I understand is anti UK establishment, and people may complain that pint-on-head Farage is getting too much media-time but you could argue that its not because of a 'right-wing establishment' but rather tracking the interesting political switch by the above 'ordinary people'. Also Europe generally is flipping to the Reactionary Right - and look what's happened in America.

Conservative think-tanks/groups or BNP can urge people to vote UKIP tactically and vice versa but then this just highlights splits as much as any common purpose.

HOLA4421
Guest UK Debt Slave

Voted for the first time in my 50 years in this statist boot camp

I voted for UKIP

I feel very comfortable with this choice

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I'm really hoping that the UKIP vote will shock.

I think the polls may be inaccurate - plenty of silent UKIPers around.

Quiet for a reason. The anti-ukip venom is really vile.

UKIP has allowed there to be more of a discussion on the immigration subject.

HOLA4424
Guest UK Debt Slave

Quiet for a reason. The anti-ukip venom is really vile.

UKIP has allowed there to be more of a discussion on the immigration subject.

UKIP has been very good for democracy in the UK

If they hadn't existed, issues such as immigration and the EU would have been swept under the carpet altogether, and that's where the establishment political parties would have much preferred them to stay.

No wonder they detest UKIP so much

Edited by UK Debt Slave

HOLA4425
Guest UK Debt Slave

I've come out as a UKIP supporter with quite a few friends

I have been totally ostracised by some of them.

Quite amazing

They must think I eat black babies dressed in an SS uniform

Edited by UK Debt Slave