House Price Crash Forum
bring_it_on

Please Spare A Thought For The Needy This Xmas!

Hello,

I'm Jo, a Labour supporter and you may have seen me on telly. Have you noticed the big news this week?

David Cameron (Dave to his friends), an old Etonian distantly related to the Queen, has been elected leader of the Conservative Party.

At last, it has dawned on Tory members that they need to be in touch with the reality of the modern world and the lives of the majority of British people!

As his first step, Dave is bringing back that icon of the new century William Hague to the front bench.

So I'm asking you to dig deep into your pockets. Let me explain why.

http://labour.org.uk/donate

No one seems to know a lot about what Dave actually believes in but we have a few clues.

We do know that he first emerged as a special adviser to Norman Lamont, standing right behind him on 'Black Wednesday' as Norm was announcing a "turbulent day on the markets", or 15 per cent interest rates to you and me.

In his four years as an MP, Dave hasn't been notable as a champion of change and modernisation of the Tories' policies. On the contrary, like his Tory colleagues he voted against the extra spending on the health service and schools, opposed the Winter Fuel Allowance and voted against increasing maternity leave and pay.

He voted in favour of keeping fox hunting. He didn't just support the Tory manifesto earlier this year, with the policies to subsidise private health care and private education and the irresponsible focus on immigration, he wrote it.

Dave is passionate about one thing, not saying what his new policies will be. The one glimmer we do have is that he is looking at a flat tax.

This is the new idea which means that nurses and home helps pay the same tax rate as the millionaire. Alongside that he wants a new spending rule which would have one result - billions of pounds of immediate cuts in public services, just when we are seeing real improvements working through.

The Tories think that they have the whiff of power in their nostrils and they will be willing to do and say anything to get it. The Tory press are lining up as cheerleaders and we can expect multi-millionaire backers to throw any amount of money at the Conservative Party if they sense a real chance of victory.

http://labour.org.uk/donate (to us not them)

So we need our supporters to stay with us too. Spend a few moments and make a donation. A tenner to help keep the Tories out of government? It's cheaper than paying 15 per cent interest on your mortgage that's for sure.

All the best,

Jo Brand

Labour supporter

Author's note: Research, facts and figures clearly not done by Jo Brand as I am not that clever.

LOL very eloquently put! Yes the very same one :D So c'mon guys what would you rather do hand over a tenner or pay 15% interest rates because it really is that simple! They can do anything this lot far more superior than any other previous capitalist government who let tedious things like recession's etc happen.

*Puts £10 in the basket and passes it on* :huh:

LOL very eloquently put! Yes the very same one :D So c'mon guys what would you rather do hand over a tenner or pay 15% interest rates because it really is that simple! They can do anything this lot far more superior than any other previous capitalist government who let tedious things like recession's etc happen.

*takes £10 out of the basket and walks away* sucker

Guest magnoliawalls

So the needy this Christmas are New Labour politicians!

Will Gordon Brown be impersonating Oliver Twist "please sir, can I have some more?"

How does this relate to the House Price Crash?

Just thought it was quite funny as it shows some of the perpetual brainwashing that NuLab have been using to keep the masses believing they can avert high interest rates to keep the party going.

Should probably be in the off topic forum.

Edited by bring_it_on

Guest magnoliawalls

Just thought it was quite funny as it shows some of the perpetual brainwashing that NuLab have been using to keep the masses believing they can avert high interest rates to keep the party going.

It is very funny - where did you find it?

Apart from the 15% on your mortgage bit, which is somewhat insulting given labour's support for the biggest HPI in history, I find Jo Brand extremely witty, very clever and a refreshing change from the usual cliche-ridden stand up comic.

Even with nu-labour's contempt for its electorate, I would still rather have 'em than a bunch of Tory's pretending they are suddenly all touchy and feely.

VP

It is very funny - where did you find it?

I got it sent to me from the Labour mailing list. When Tony Blair was doing an online questions and answers session during this years party conference I asked him some questions about the state of the Uk housing market, never got a response but they must have added me to their list thinking I was a supporter!

So c'mon guys what would you rather do hand over a tenner or pay 15% interest rates because it really is that simple! They can do anything this lot far more superior than any other previous capitalist government who let tedious things like recession's etc happen.

Sorry Mate, no can do. I'm delighted that you can afford a tenner out of your after tax income. I seem to recall that as a net borrower I had more money in my pocket in the days of 15% interest rates. Incidentally, base ratres hit 15% for about an afternoon, didn't they? Taxes imposed by this lot, rather than the previous capitalist government, seem to last a lot longer.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Was a mate of Ken Livingstone:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/279879.stm

This article dates back to his campaign to become mayor in 1999 so they may have fallen out since.

As a sidenote, it's interesting how, on so-called national news, the activities of the mayor of London are frequently deemed of interest to people outside London. Surely these stories belong on the regional news programmes? Can't remember any stories about the mayor of Doncaster on the BBC national news (are there are some, believe me).

This sidenote has been brought to you by the words "BBC", "insular" and "parochial" and by the number 126.50.

If only the BBC ignored the rest of the country as much when it came to collecting the licence fee.

Rant over.

I'm off to take my tablets now. :)

Hello,

I'm Jo, a Labour supporter and you may have seen me on telly. Have you noticed the big news this week?

Author's note: Research, facts and figures clearly not done by Jo Brand as I am not that clever.

Hmm big news that labour are unpopular and clever people can see through the constant spin, organised crowds of labour lovies all eager to shake young tony's hand.

Only he's not young any more, he's took us to an illegal war and caused massive problems in Iraq, he's created a debt boomed economy which sooner or later is going to hurt people who are false rich.

Labour is no better than the tory party and probably worse.

nulab should rename itself to something honest to reflect their constant desire for power over british people with ID cards which will be the same IT screw up as the CSA, WTC and everything else they've touched.

Care to elaborate? I have no idea what the woman stands for, at a guess, feminism?

I'm not sure it's possible to be a feminist and support New Labour is it? There are too many fundamental philosphical clashes between the two, surely!