House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si1

Next Tory Leader, Given They'll Lose This Election

It's interesting...they're not so much going to lose it as not win it (since no-one seems likely to win it outright). Whether they'll feel the need to change leader as a result isn't clear to me. I don't think they'll choose Boris - he has too much character (good or bad depending on your point of view) for a modern national politician - the press, other MPs and the electorate all seem to prefer blandness for some reason.

My guess is they'll go for one of Theresa May or Sajid Javid since they must know the 'old Etonian white male' brand is utterly toxic right across the spectrum but, if they're feeling particularly suicidal, they might go for George Osborne or Jeremy Hunt.

Please God let it be Boris!

A crazy opposition for a crazy government. It would also hand the left wing coalition a 2nd term.

Boris Johnson, unfortunately.

Despite being a morally bankrupt money grabbing adulterous piece of dung, he's the only tory women find palatable for some reason. And tories need to either win back the UKIP right by getting us out the EU, which they dont want to do, or get a bigger portion of the female vote.

There must be a few bright young, centre right, free market, Conservatives biding their time on the back benches. Hopefully, the right one will stick his, or her, head above the parapet at the right time.

I concur, it'll be Boris.

Which is bad. If any politician out there is a soulless vessel of Satan incarnate, it's him. A deeply amoral and EXTREMELY ambitious man, whose entire public persona is a lie. He also seems to believe in nothing at all, except Boris.

There must be a few bright young, centre right, free market, Conservatives biding their time on the back benches. Hopefully, the right one will stick his, or her, head above the parapet at the right time.

Michael Gove

Unelectable on account of his regional accent

Edited by Si1

Boris Johnson, unfortunately.

Despite being a morally bankrupt money grabbing adulterous piece of dung, he's the only tory women find palatable for some reason. And tories need to either win back the UKIP right by getting us out the EU, which they dont want to do, or get a bigger portion of the female vote.

Yes, bizarrely I know a few ladies who have the hots for Boris despite not being even remotely like him politicswise.

I suspect Boris' charms would not travel well beyond London though.

Yes, bizarrely I know a few ladies who have the hots for Boris despite not being even remotely like him politicswise.

I suspect Boris' charms would not travel well beyond London though.

Do women vote based on sexual attraction? Actually?

Do women vote based on sexual attraction? Actually?

Given the choice - some men almost certainly would so why not some ladies?

And perhaps they are right. Being PM is basically a personality contest, not an ability or policy one nowadays as they all have no ability, and there's no real difference between any of them policywise either.

Edited by StainlessSteelCat