House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Bloke Spends An Hour And A Half Trying To Cancel His Sky Contract

Sounds about right. Sky are utter shìts.

I've heard that you have to tell them that you're moving abroad, to get rid of them...

Not an issue. You send them recorded delivery written cancellation and pay up any remaining time (if any).

Then cancel the direct debit.

If they pursue the debt take them to the small claims court.

Keep perfect records of all contact, signed-for mail slips etc.

Is it the same quality as something like crichd.tv? I cant get on with the streaming sites as the quality is so poor...I use my Now TV box, and get week long sky sports passes when I want...no contract, and the quality is ten times better...

Is it the same quality as something like crichd.tv? I cant get on with the streaming sites as the quality is so poor...I use my Now TV box, and get week long sky sports passes when I want...no contract, and the quality is ten times better...

depends on the content , i am streaming movies in 1080p at the moment

Had some good results with XBMC for films, but the guy who ran the main platform (i forget the name now) pulled the plug.

Still it cost nowt to run on the PC. Was a bit tedious setting it up to be honest. Maybe a dedicated box would smooth that element of it.

I have to say i'm trying to run all media stuff thru a pc where possible as dedicaed boxes have a nasty habit of being "obsoleted",

Yes Sony i'm looking at you you bastards.

Perfectly good Blue Ray player suddenly decides it wont do iplayer anymore.

No firmware upgrades from Sony. ****** you buy another one.

Now for football/sport, this may be of interest. I'm paying £28 a year for a Sea Lion.

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-f5-f6/

I have used xbmc since the early naughties when the software was exclusively on the old xboxes. Vdubt25 seems to have gone dark he has not updated his addon links for very nearly a Month now.

There is no real solution to this a lot of it is hit or miss, the rights owners are looking to close down these 'free' streams as soon as they find them and it needs a dedicated person to put hours in every day finding new ones and posting the links.

All that said when it works it just works and the only real issues surround live sports.

When Be was bought by Sky and they changed us over to them we left.

I was talking to a sky customer service bloke and said I was thinking of leaving cos they had messed the billling up and wanted to bill us in addition to what we had paid Be. So this cocky git says "go on then" ... so I did. I'd been sat with the virgin media page open thinking about it, and it was his snotty attitude that made me decide to go.

They did make it fairly easy to cancel compared to that bloke.
We'd had to set up a new password at the start of the takeover so I had picked "Sky is crap" or something similar. Which meant they asked for the password each time I spoke to someone. It got a few stiffled giggles.

It also turned out they'd took a months more money than they should have done - despite having issued me a refund for a month for messing up billing they still hadn't got it right.

Talking to someone that wanted to cancel their broadband/phone contract......it once was a good and fast service with excellent customer service....reason being the speed had got very slow with cut off periods totally unfit for service....this company told them to do all the normal things such as on hands and knees pulling this plug, that plug, rebooting, testing etc, etc...al no avail.....new provider offered 24/7 free phone calls and fibre fast unlimited broadband with a free box for TV, something the old provider could not provide for a similar monthly cost no special new customer deal either......they were not tied into a contract with the old company but they insisted on charging a disconnect fee of a small amount and they refuse to waive this....they keep getting texts and threatening phone calls about the unpaid approx £10 disconnect fee which is absolutely out of order......I for one will now never sign up to that company, and because of the principle have spread as far as possible the now bad service they are receiving.......noted they employ a different calibre of customer service staff for customers they like pissing off and ex customers.....discussing state of affairs imo. ......OFCOM need to sort out the whole industry big time.....but all they do very little or nothing....spineless.

I had problems cancelling the sports stuff 2 weeks ago.

First two agents just hung up when I mentioned cancelling and apparently if they don't put your account password in and access your account the agent can't be traced. Probably have quotas to meet...

I actually canned my yesterday. Took about 5 mins over the phone.

I actually canned my yesterday. Took about 5 mins over the phone.

Ah you think you canned them!

When pipex was bought out by someone crap I left. In anticipation of the trouble I expected I started a blog and logged every contact with them. Transferred smoothly away no issues. For which I was immensely grateful.

Why would it need anything more than telling them you're stopping and going to cancel your direct debit, then cancelling it? (and ignoring any followup ranting letters they may send)