House Price Crash Forum

Tory Duck-Speak - Let Me Get This Straight

Si1

HOLA441

Immigration is not the only issue re. housing - however it clearly is important.

On the BBC news last night - they were doing a piece on primary schools and how it was getting difficult for people to get places due to huge increases in demand. They mentioned childbirth rates increasing - and towards the end also briefly mentioned immigration.

The school they chose was interesting. Somewhere near Harrow. Cant remember the name but something farm. Very popular apparently.

I actually think they were trying to be very PC - as the BBC usually do - but it ended up backfiring on them. They always like to have a 'diverse' range of faces on any of their pieces. This school however was a bit beyond diverse. The main bit had all the kids from one class pilling one by one through some little playground thing as they talked about the issues with school placements.

Every single one of the faces was non white - this was out of about 15. It was honestly like an advert for UKIP or in fact more like the BNP. I doubt very much they had that in mind when producing it though.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Immigration is not the only issue re. housing - however it clearly is important.

On the BBC news last night - they were doing a piece on primary schools and how it was getting difficult for people to get places due to huge increases in demand. They mentioned childbirth rates increasing - and towards the end also briefly mentioned immigration.

The school they chose was interesting. Somewhere near Harrow. Cant remember the name but something farm. Very popular apparently.

I actually think they were trying to be very PC - as the BBC usually do - but it ended up backfiring on them. They always like to have a 'diverse' range of faces on any of their pieces. This school however was a bit beyond diverse. The main bit had all the kids from one class pilling one by one through some little playground thing as they talked about the issues with school placements.

Every single one of the faces was non white - this was out of about 15. It was honestly like an advert for UKIP or in fact more like the BNP. I doubt very much they had that in mind when producing it though.

Which BBC news was that? 10pm or 6pm?

HOLA444

Ah Im glad I wasn't the only one who saw that.

HOLA445
HOLA446

When I watch debates like last night it reminds me of what an utter failure our political system is. Never have I seen such a bunch of feckless wonders and ******tards. Seriously the UK has produced some of the best and brightest and this is the best on offer out of millions?

In all honesty can you say any of them are charming, inspirational, motivating, leaders? or are you just trying to work out which one you hate the least or which one you can expect not to ****** up too much?If your building was on fire would you trust any of them to organize an escape? or if we were stranded which one could organize groups to find food and set up camp? let alone run a country with nuclear weapons and a catastrophic debt?

Jesus christ I wouldn't send one of those to buy lunches for the workers in my office. I would fully expect them to come back with magic beans or disappear with the lunch money.

I expect a low turnout for this election.

HOLA447

When I watch debates like last night it reminds me of what an utter failure our political system is. Never have I seen such a bunch of feckless wonders and ******tards. Seriously the UK has produced some of the best and brightest and this is the best on offer out of millions?

In all honesty can you say any of them are charming, inspirational, motivating, leaders? or are you just trying to work out which one you hate the least or which one you can expect not to ****** up too much?If your building was on fire would you trust any of them to organize an escape? or if we were stranded which one could organize groups to find food and set up camp? let alone run a country with nuclear weapons and a catastrophic debt?

Jesus christ I wouldn't send one of those to buy lunches for the workers in my office. I would fully expect them to come back with magic beans or disappear with the lunch money.

I expect a low turnout for this election.

What? You don't think our next PM is up to the job?

milibandnosepick.jpg?w=900

HOLA448

What? You don't think our next PM is up to the job?

milibandnosepick.jpg?w=900

LOL.

UK can field a more potent group of singers in a karaoke competition than they can "leaders"

I haven't worked out if ...

career politicians are just folk too hopeless to make it in other industries

The media creates watered down simple ******wits which appeal to all and none

They are all hand picked by the illuminati to be as useless as possible so they can maintain control

or

The UK is just full of morons and some of them end up in charge and we are not the international powerhouse we are led to believe but a collection of continually ******ing up weak wrist-ed middle managers who never lead they just occupy space till the next guy.

Can you imagine any of these people holding there own against putin? or would he just take there lunch money and leave them with a "kick me "sticker on there back?

I despair, at least if there is a low turnout I have more faith in the great british public.

HOLA449

Jesus christ I wouldn't send one of those to buy lunches for the workers in my office.

Can you imagine, they could all easily be characters in "the Office"? Millibad would be a trainee filing clerk. Cameron would be some bumptious supervisor. Clegg would be a junior management trainee who just sat at his tidy desk, in his very well cared for suit and smiled at everyone and in reality had no idea what was going on.

HOLA4410

Which BBC news was that? 10pm or 6pm?

Was actually on National news at 6 o'clock. May be ale to get it on iplayer ?

Ah Im glad I wasn't the only one who saw that.

It was something else. The point at which the BBC really have no clue that they are taking the mick out of the very thing they are allegedly supposed to be supporting. [Diversity etc..]

Rather surreal.

HOLA4411

Can you imagine, they could all easily be characters in "the Office"? Millibad would be a trainee filing clerk. Cameron would be some bumptious supervisor. Clegg would be a junior management trainee who just sat at his tidy desk, in his very well cared for suit and smiled at everyone and in reality had no idea what was going on.

Thats the thing, the UK has a lot of problems just now, the debt especially and there is no real way we can escape a collapse without some great leadership and original thinking. So I would expect in this hour of need the country which produces people like david stirling could offer us something better than this collection of feckless wonders.

And can you imagine a hung parliament with this shower of drivel arguing amongst themselves? Jesus christ i despair!

There is just zero talent amongst them. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses but this group really are the last pick school sports rejects.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Imagine a LabCon coalition with blatantly no LabCon opposition and with them ALL asking the same sort of creepy questions at Prime Minister's Question Time all along the lines of "Would the Prime Minister agree that the coalition is doing a wonderful job in its investment in wherever" or "Would the Prime Minister agree that the coalition has done a wonderful job for hard working families in wherever" etc etc.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4414

So if there's demand for n houses per year, a functioning market supplies that demand. What's the issue?

It arguably does not meet that demand. And it is not anything like a free market.

Planning laws, Help to buy, building regulations, requirements for 'affordable' housing, blind eye to money laundering by foreign buyers, BTL fraud, the list is endless.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

The claims about BBC being left wing by Adolf Farage were ridiculous. BBC have been pro austerity and pro neo-liberal for many years now. In case no one realised, the IMF admitted in 2012 that austerity doesn't work. Research suggests that the idea of austerity (cut spending which reduces output, but still produces growth) was a spreadsheet error. A spreadsheet error.

Meanwhile in the real world people have died and suffered from this government policies. That's what job public are worried about. The debate last night was probably the first chance post 2008 where all of issues (rent, HPI, sanctions, NHS, 1%, bankers, austerity) have actually been talked about properly.

It's easy to brush issues such as these aside where your sitting on 20% imaginary equity/ fat salary and are hooving up wealth with extortionate rents. In that's the case you're either selfish or a sociopath.

I'm in twenties and these issues need sorting out, now. The first thing we need to realise is that private banks create 97% of the money supply. Let's start there.

HOLA4419

Austerity is claimed to be working in the UK - because the UK is also claimed to be in a tigerish recovery - which is really just more debt. Policies which in turn will lead to another severe recession.

They all seem to be very mixed up about austerity and spending and most everything else. "Experts" as well but one thing is for sure and that is they'll all be minting it in whatever they call it (literally these days).

Edited by billybong

HOLA4420