House Price Crash Forum
Si1

Tory Duck-Speak - Let Me Get This Straight

Am I right in saying that the tories or their mouthpieces have said the following evil things:

(1) inheriting a £1,000,000 house is 'doing the right thing' and should be tax free whereas working for a living is taxed

(2) they are the party of rising house prices

Apparently the BBC studio audience, and none of the leaders except Farage, think the housing shortage has anything to do with 300,000 immigrants a year.

Christ, it's a tough audience! Are they really representative....

Sturgeon wants Ed to allow students to stay here after their degrees - can you imagine all the thousands and thousands of Chinese students having their parents buy a house in the UK?

Everyone of them, bar Farage, thinks that immigration is wonderful.

Christ, it's a tough audience! Are they really representative....

I suspect people who put themselves forward to go into political debate TV audiences are akin to those who post about politics on Twitter - probably unrepresentative of the UK.

High house prices = vote winner.

Major unexpectedly won the 1992 general election in the middle of an HPC.

I've never understood the tory hatred of inheritance tax....i'm not a believer in equality (of output), but I get equality of opportunity, which is espoused by the tories. Surely being born to inherit something is the opposite of equality of opportunity.

If it were up to me there would be no taxes while you're alive and a 100% IHT!

Makes you wonder who the masses who dont vote for would vote for. Major only got in because of near 80% turnout...very high historically speaking.

While I doubt it will happen this time, if the 'dont vote, wont vote' types come out, it would probably give cameron a surprise majority.

Is there a room somewhere for Leanne to take Ed to at half time? I think she wants to impress a couple of points on him

Plaid come FOURTH in Wales behind Labour, Liberals and Tories. When the Tories get more MPs/AMs in Wales than you then you are doing something seriously wrong.

Against Neil kinnock

Makes you wonder who the masses who dont vote for would vote for. Major only got in because of near 80% turnout...very high historically speaking.

While I doubt it will happen this time, if the 'dont vote, wont vote' types come out, it would probably give cameron a surprise majority.

I get the feeling turnout will be very low this time. The choice is appalling and many undecideds may just not bother.

They are all against austerity - so they claim - other than Farage. They don't understand that austerity hasn't even truly begun yet.

But the ones against austerity, pro immigration and who believe the NHS would fall apart without foreign workers clearly are loved by the studio audience.

Farage lost the audience, which is always going to be a tough gig. The others just made the most of that and Ed has used it as diversionary tactic to avoid being exposed as an nincompetentpoop.

Indeed, the spitting image puppet of John Major could have won against Neil Kinnock.

It probably did, whilst jm was having it off with Edwina

Have to say, Farage has been awful in all these debates.

Even worse tonight.

Had him down as an excellent orator myself but it's not coming across well at all.

Have to say, Farage has been awful in all these debates.

Even worse tonight.

Had him down as an excellent orator myself but it's not coming across well at all.

I tend to agree with you there. I was expecting much more from him, however he was onto a loser before he started tonight.