Crash Confirmation - Received

ccc

HOLA441
HOLA442

Bbc1 new series tonight:

Millionaire basement wars.

Ch4 new series tomorrow:

Million pound houses.

Its not very scientific - but its more than likely to be correct.

It's more scientific than anything that goes on inside the Bank of England. Good spot.

HOLA443
HOLA444

It's more scientific than anything that goes on inside the Bank of England. Good spot.

Unfortunately you may be spot on.

I imagine their famous 'fan charts' are done in crayon.

HOLA445

Bbc1 new series tonight:

Millionaire basement wars.

Ch4 new series tomorrow:

Million pound houses.

Its not very scientific - but its more than likely to be correct.

Got to get that price propaganda out there on the state run channels at peak times.

The sheepele will be lapping it up form their squalid 2 bedroom flats in Chavtown.

HOLA446

The basement program was interesting. Caught a bit of it.
An old couple whose house is worth at least £5m (5m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and were pissed off cos the rest of the street was havnig basement extensions put in with the noise etc.

They could sell up and move to anywhere in the country and have a lovely peaceful life.
Whilst I can understand people who will say 'why should they move' .. I can't see living on a street that will have work going on for the next few years being fun. If it drives you mad then move.

Many people faced with nasty or noisy neighbours have no choice at all. But their house would sell quickly and be snapped up by one of the mad developers who must have dwarf blood.

The other moaner seemed to spend all day running round the street whilst claiming to "work from home". I suspect he doesn't get much work done cos he has wound himself up as traffic inspector and films the lorries reversing with banksman round tight corners.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Anyone watch Million Pound Houses tonight? Thought it was a riot.

1. Most of the estate agents selling these houses didn't even look like they'd be able to tie their own shoelaces, let alone try to persuade someone to spend a million quid on a kip.

2. The couple in the Scottish castle were on the brink of repossession, but yet at any time, they could easily have sold their house and still made a profit (asking price £1.5M - mortgage £650k). Would be shocked if they could not get the castle sold for £800k.

3. The lad from Islington who bought his house from the council for £150k, but eventually sold up for over £1M couldn't believe his luck, at least he was sensible enough and was planning to retire on the profit.

4. I won't even go into the bit about the American and his trophy stripper wife. What I want to know is, which bank is allowing him to hold a mortgage on a £1M house, leave it idle, then buy another £1.5M house!?

HOLA449

Just watched. Surely top of the market moment ?

Honestly, anyone buying into this bubble after watching this deserves to get burned- big time. No excuses.

The muppets at the Property btl seminar. Lambs or lemmings .... No doubt will squeal to be bailed out in the future .

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I vamoosed from London 3 years ago but still have friends there.

One couple live in a 2 bed mansion flat near Hampstead Heath - 2 kids in local schools etc. - and have outgrown it.

He told me it's currently valued at 700K+ !

Determined to upsize locally, they are now looking at a minimum 1.2 mil to add a bedroom.

No words.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

HOLA4412

I thought the houseboat was very nice and it was in a good spot too

In the build up to mentioning the price, I was sort of thinking £500k, £600k - that sort of ball park.

When it was revealed that it was £1.1m cash (probably not the sort of thing banks do mortgages on). Well, I was staggered.

If a crash does come, I am quite sure the boat will be hit much harder than an on land house.

That Scottish castle for £1.4m. I reckon you could do another £1.4m in renovations without even touching the sides. To make it into the grand house it deserves to be be getting on towards £5m including purchase imo.

As for the £1,020,000 ex council house - good luck to the guy that carpet bagged the thick end of £900k. Sure the next owner is not going to do as well from it!

HOLA4413

The OP might be right, channel 4 launched its internet millionaire competition show in circa 2000. The winner, I believe, burnt through his million pound prize and the company bombed without trace.

edit. Ah a link here, 2000, Great timing Jon Snow.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2000/jul/17/internetnews.uknews

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4414

The Scottish Castle. :D

The only buyer they will find - who'll give them anything near their asking price - will be another idiot from the London/SE mega bubble with little sense and cash to lose. Their price plus the upgrading will take it to £4M plus.

Any sense, they'd make an offer of circa. £1.5M on this little beauty and get a fully restored Chateau plus vineyard and move in tomorrow.

http://en.bellesdemeures.com/listings/luxury-sale/castle/vendee-85/83449535.htm?cp=85&idpays=250&idtt=8&tri=d_px&referrer=liste

HOLA4415