House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest UK Debt Slave

Communist Party Manifesto, Errr Sorry, Green Party Manifesto

Guest UK Debt Slave

http://order-order.com/2015/04/14/free-the-bunnies-the-maddest-policies-in-the-green-manifesto-listed/#disqus_thread

• “a complete ban on cages for hens and rabbits”
  • “end the use of the whip in horse racing and conduct a full review of the sport”
  • “end the practice of grouse shooting”
  • “ensure UK taxpayers’ money is not used for bullfighting”
  • “ban the import of fur products”
  • “ensure that all schools, hospitals and other public buildings have solar panels by 2020″
  • “closure of all coal-fired power stations”
  • “make equality and diversity lessons mandatory in all schools”
  • “progressively introduce anonymised CVs”
  • “strengthen Travellers’ rights”
  • “cancelling student debt”
  • “revive the role of trade unions”
  • “phase in a 35 hours week”
  • “work for the abolition of the City of London Corporation”
  • “introduce a wealth tax of 2% on the top 1%”
  • “raise the additional top rate of income tax to 60%”
  • “increase corporation tax from 20% to 30%”
  • “introduce new taxes on the use of water”
  • “ensure that no company owns more than 20% of a media market”
  • “state funding of political parties”
  • “pursue a policy of defensive defence, which threatens no one”
  • “a ban on the production and sale of fois gras”

Madder than a box of communists

The 2% wealth tax...i cant see how it would work. Yields are very low (thanks QE, ZIRP) and you already pay income tax on the yield reducing it further...you're not far off paying to hold assets (ie, they become liabilities)

Of course, this simply means values fall (which may not be a bad thing), but if the idea is to raise revenue, it seems flawed.

Oddly, some of the other points might not be so unpopular though...my dad (now a solid tory) always goes on about how thatcher went too far cutting the higher pay of PAYE from 83% to 60% to 40%, and should have left it at 60%...if we're taking payroll taxes as a whole, certainly it seems odd to me there is still and UEL for NIC.

Oddly, some of the other points might not be so unpopular though...my dad (now a solid tory) always goes on about how thatcher went too far cutting the higher pay of PAYE from 83% to 60% to 40%, and should have left it at 60%...if we're taking payroll taxes as a whole, certainly it seems odd to me there is still and UEL for NIC.

I don't get how the principle of sin taxes are widely accepted and yet the obvious conclusion regarding income tax is not.

Sin taxes : you tax things to discourage them. Income tax : you tax work. You really want to discourage work?

Must be hanging around on here for too long but the more I think of it, the more LVT makes sense to me - which is really a tax for occupying a chunk of the United Kingdom, which has certain costs to maintain (army, cops, etc).

that one did it for me alone, I bet they have never been threatened by a bunch of em..... f**king loonies, if they were the only choice I'd spoilt the form

Reading on, that lot is insane. They'd ruin the country forever, not just 5 years like Labour

Well comrades ;) I still intend to vote for the Greens. They won't win power but I hope they can get a few more seats to upset the apple cart occupied by the main three parties of complacency.

They are targetting my constituency of Norwich South. Good luck to 'em. :ph34r:

Guest UK Debt Slave

that one did it for me alone, I bet they have never been threatened by a bunch of em..... f**king loonies, if they were the only choice I'd spoilt the form

Reading on, that lot is insane. They'd ruin the country forever, not just 5 years like Labour

Agreed

Rights for filthy soap dodging cretins who pay NOTHNG iinto society and leave heir filth and detritus for everyone else to clean up.

Fkkn lunatics

Don't forget -

• Increase immigration
  • No new nuclear power
  • Nationalise Railways
  • Abolish NI upper threshold
  • Robin Hood tax on all equity/bond/ derivative trades
  • Destroy the aviation industry

Agreed

Rights for filthy soap dodging cretins who pay NOTHNG iinto society and leave heir filth and detritus for everyone else to clean up.

Fkkn lunatics

We had some kill a Romanian worker, that's right, kill..... they got away with it by telling a load of lies, scum, until you have had first hand dealing then you don't realise how bad things can get

I don't get how the principle of sin taxes are widely accepted and yet the obvious conclusion regarding income tax is not.

Sin taxes : you tax things to discourage them. Income tax : you tax work. You really want to discourage work?

Must be hanging around on here for too long but the more I think of it, the more LVT makes sense to me - which is really a tax for occupying a chunk of the United Kingdom, which has certain costs to maintain (army, cops, etc).

The Green Party used to be all about sin taxes, if I remember correctly - i.e a company is polluting the air or waterways so you tax them to the hilt until they mend their ways. I always thought that was generally a sound policy approach, not sure if they still take this attitude?

Agree with LVT wholeheartedly, and I hope discussion of this gains traction. I also applaud their sounding the drum on sound money issues, though whether this has any effect in mainstream debate is also yet to be seen.

I don't have a problem with most of that list personally, hardly any barmier than the current crop of nobbers playing monkey tennis (credit to someone in another thread for this apt term!) with madcap and frankly dangerous vote-buying policies.

The Green Party used to be all about sin taxes, if I remember correctly - i.e a company is polluting the air or waterways so you tax them to the hilt until they mend their ways. I always thought that was generally a sound policy approach, not sure if they still take this attitude?

Agree with LVT wholeheartedly, and I hope discussion of this gains traction. I also applaud their sounding the drum on sound money issues, though whether this has any effect in mainstream debate is also yet to be seen.

I don't have a problem with most of that list personally, hardly any barmier than the current crop of nobbers playing monkey tennis (credit to someone in another thread for this apt term!) with madcap and frankly dangerous vote-buying policies.

perhaps you can let the pikeys park on your garden then

Guest UK Debt Slave

We had some kill a Romanian worker, that's right, kill..... they got away with it by telling a load of lies, scum, until you have had first hand dealing then you don't realise how bad things can get

There were a bunch of Romanians living in a cottage in Warlingham near my mum's house. They had a bust up with eachother and one of them ended up in the well at the end of the garden. Took months before they discovered him rotting down there.

Edit: In reply to robo1968:

I don't have any experience of them personally, as you clearly do.

Admittedly, that particular policy was one I was more ambivalent about: I don't understand why they need more 'rights'. I was always taught that rights are the obverse of responsibilities, and you can't have the one without the other.

Edited by LC1

I agree 100%.

Guest UK Debt Slave

Admittedly, that particular policy was one I was more ambivalent about: I don't understand why they need more 'rights'. I was always taught that rights are the obverse of responsibilities, and you can't have the one without the other.

The last thing politicians want is people capable of taking responsibility for their own lives.

They want dependents.

They want pliable, easily manipulated people they can bully and bribe for their votes, to give them the legitimacy they so covet.

The legitimacy they most definitely DO NOT deserve.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, here is the link

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11149320.Romanian_found_unconscious_on_Christchurch_road_died_from_severe_head_injury__inquest_heard/

That is my point, people who think everyone is as well meaning as them can't be in charge, I try my best to be a good citizen but you still have to be aware of this element,

Further to the above I have a list of Crime numbers to add.

Anyone suggesting even some of the policies on that list needs their head read....

The last thing politicians want is people capable of taking responsibility for their own lives.

They want dependents.

They want pliable, easily manipulated people they can bully and bribe for their votes, to give them the legitimacy they so covet.

The legitimacy they most definitely DO NOT deserve.

Unfortunately without some control there are elements of our society that would exploit the rest very quickly