House Price Crash Forum

New Member Join Rate

John Smith

HOLA441

I seem to have read a number of recent threads with new members saying they have found the site.

A quick look at my member number and the member number of one that joined today, shows that the new member rate averages about 200 new members a month.

Can anybody (Webmaster?) supply any stats on how many new members have joined per month ... I am wondering if increased new members will lead to more referals, leading to more peoples awareness of the site, leading to more people reading and becoming aware of an alternative perspective that is not in the mainstream press, which could lead to a downturn in the market - perhaps ...

HOLA442
HOLA443

I've told my stubborn sister-in-law about hpc (in the realms of selling her house at an unrealistic price), but every time I ask if she's been on here, she says ''what site was that ??!''.

Well maybe she has been here and doesn't like what shes seen and is actually reading this....oopps....no xmas card for me....and consquently doesn't want to talk about her asking price and realism.

The best way to spread the word is via ancedotals and true-life/individual house crashes, as I previously mentioned today about my old house being up for sale less than they paid for it etc. Personal stories strike a cord with people because it could be them, unless they're rich so-and-so's in paid-for homes and not a care in the world.

We could always start up a 'flyer' system, post one about this site through every letterbox of every home for sale at a dumb price.......okay fair enough there wouldn't be enough paper to go round !

HOLA444
Rimmer: The time for talking is over. Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard, and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign.

Leaflet distribution… You may have something there. If there is a HPC member who is a good designer could an official distribution leaflet be decided upon?

I know there already exists a pamphlet on the main page but what we need is an eye catching, witty and informative advert for this site. Once that is up the ones that are willing could down load, print 1 for the office notice board or many and give them to the paper boy or distribute them through post boxes in the area. You don’t really need to target people who are thinking of buying… raise the awareness.

HOLA445

The best way to spread the word is via ancedotals and true-life/individual house crashes, as I previously mentioned today about my old house being up for sale less than they paid for it etc. Personal stories strike a cord with people because it could be them, unless they're rich so-and-so's in paid-for homes and not a care in the world.

I second that heartily.

The boom spread by anecdotes. The crash will too. Keep the anecdotes coming guys.

frugalista