House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Cocktails Not Mocktails

Interesting little story

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/girl-served-cocktail-buffet-deansgate-9029241

A spokesman for Red Hot World Buffet said: “We did serve something wrong, however putting it into context the issue was the lady went outside for a cigarette and left the children unattended.

“We were quite bothered by that as it’s quite unusual to leave two small children out of sight. This was an accident and there was some confusion with the order, but there is a responsibility for parents to stay with their children.”

Blinking heck you can tell they've never run a restaurant in Portugal.

they got an order wrong for me too...I ordered the chickens vest, but was served up with a glass of lemon and a condom. I queried, and they said they had run out of chickens vests, so served me with a cocks pullover instead.

you'll find me outside having a quick smoke.

Where to start Sarah??! :)

...perhaps she could order a cordial and water or a coke then instead of blaming the restaurant for having mocktails with rude names on the menu and messingg up the drinks order. Oh and there probably should have been qualified childcare assistants on site as well...that restaurant had a duty of care to her children while she left them and went out for a fag!

Interesting the "I'm not a bad mum" line seem to see it everywhere. It was just a bloody mistake, doesn't make her a bad mum anymore than it makes them a bad restaurant but we have to pretend we're lilly white and play the blame game these days :(

P

I se you havent mastered the art of the "soundbite"...it makes a story out of nothing at all.

Fecktard parent goes to cr@p restaurant with fecktard staff and something rubbish happens when fecktard parent puts fecktard staff in position of loco parentis. What's the story?

Maybe not simulating alcoholic drinks for children would be a good idea.

Fecktards

Fecktard parent goes to cr@p restaurant with fecktard staff and something rubbish happens when fecktard parent puts fecktard staff in position of loco parentis. What's the story?

Maybe not simulating alcoholic drinks for children would be a good idea.

Fecktards

They don't though, those drinks are in a standard drinks menu along with everything else. They are not targeted at children at all, they are meant for adults who can't (i.e. drivers) or don't want to drink alcohol.

That's not to say children cannot have them, but they are not for children.