House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

61% Of Men Went Home For Lunch

Very few people live walking distance from work now, unless they work from home........lots of people eat in their car or on a park bench.

Which implies that 60% of men lived very close to where they worked.

I'd have enough time to almost get home before my dinner hour was up.

Which implies that 60% of men lived very close to where they worked.

I'd have enough time to almost get home before my dinner hour was up.

Yes and in an age when the women stayed at home and slaved over some national loaf and dripping for tea.

It's well worth watching for the horrors of watching someone use one of those scary can openers that my gran used when I was a teenager.

Yes and in an age when the women stayed at home and slaved over some national loaf and dripping for tea.

It's well worth watching for the horrors of watching someone use one of those scary can openers that my gran used when I was a teenager.

It was interesting that Mary Berry, the only person who experienced the 1950s on the show who got to speak had such a profoundly different experience to the female lifestyle being portrayed. And I wouldn't have guessed she is 80!

It was interesting that Mary Berry, the only person who experienced the 1950s on the show who got to speak had such a profoundly different experience to the female lifestyle being portrayed. And I wouldn't have guessed she is 80!

what was the lifestyle being portrayed?