House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Online Shopping 'boosts Van Sales'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32279715

The growth of online shopping has helped drive van sales in the UK to a record high, manufacturers have said.

The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders said a home delivery boom had resulted in almost 100,000 vans being registered in the first three months of 2015 - 22.3% up on that period in 2014.

It said 108,456 commercial vehicles were registered in the quarter.

That is the highest number of vans and lorries sold since the trade body began compiling figures in 1987.

Online sales in the UK hit £103bn last year, according to the IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index, creating a booming market for home delivery of orders.

The figure is expected to rise by 12% in 2015 to about £1 in every £4 spent by Britons.

Online shopping the miracle economy.

My sales are all through the rough the last 6 months.My spring summer range arrived in first week in March and is selling at around twice the speed i factored in.Amazon is the main driver with sales up 180% YOY,Ebay is down around 20% (this years products more suited to amazon) and the webbie only been up since January ready for summer stock doing very well.

I have moved my lines to aim more to the boomers with gardens and cash and young people with shoe box houses or flats.Space saving furniture for the young and expensive garden furniture for the boomers.

From the address on orders etc i can tell its working very well.Im talking to a few factories now to sort some more space saving products.

What size are the vans?

I notice amazon recently doing their own deliveries in newly bought, cheaper short wheel base, low roof ford transits.

Previous couriers used by amazon, had more expensive long or jumbo wheel based merc sprinters / vws,

So poss, more vans , half the size ?

I assume many are leased / rented / not bought outright. The ford transit custom seems very popular,

I've seen many gypsies with new ones

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship