House Price Crash Forum

How To Sell Petrol Lawnmower?

HOLA441

A neighbour of mine bought a top range petrol powered lawnmower a few weeks back but has now decided it is too heavy for him - he is mid 80s - and wants to get rid of it.

Is ebay the best place to sell this or are there other options?

It cost him about £350.

Thoughts welcome.

HOLA442
HOLA443

gumtree, as there are no fees (unless for extra exposure) & it attract local collections , as I assume he does not want to post it .iif it doesn't sell after 28 days (drop price after 2 weeks) , ebay it

Are there any dangers or safeguards advisable for selling on gumtree? Use a different email address rather than your main one? What about phone numbers - do you post them or not?

HOLA444

Are there any dangers or safeguards advisable for selling on gumtree? Use a different email address rather than your main one? What about phone numbers - do you post them or not?

I've bought and sold on Gumtree giving my phone number out. Never had a problem.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Trade it in against one he actually wants from the same dealer? Much less hassle.

A previous neighbour, a salesman's dream, was talked into buying a souped-up sit-on mower. He found it was too wide to get out of the back door of the garage.

Solution? Call up his son to help him knock out breeze blocks with a sledgehammer. Hmmmm...

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Ask the shop if they will take it back. They may want a restocking charge, but as someone else said they may offer a more suitable item in part exchange.

What? you can get a V12 now?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Back in the days I owned land, I had a ride-on mower as the 'lawn' was about 1.5 acres. I also owned an old Porsche (nothing special, an ancient 944).

The petrol consumption and servicing costs of the mower were much, much higher than for the Porsche.

I never guessed you were an arsehole car twit like me!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

He has already bought an electric replacement from Argos. He is not short of a bob or two.

Argos, the shopping place of the Gods! :blink:

HOLA4417

Back in the days I owned land, I had a ride-on mower as the 'lawn' was about 1.5 acres. I also owned an old Porsche (nothing special, an ancient 944).

The petrol consumption and servicing costs of the mower were much, much higher than for the Porsche.

just pour the petrol on the lawn and set fire to it - problem solved.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Got to question why people need these machines. Our house is on a not too inconsiderable 65 yard by 15 yard plot and I race around with a small push along in ten minutes tops, then I get the edging sheers and race around with them in about ten minutes. The neighbours meanwhile bring out their monsters on identical plots and have just about got the beasts primed for starting by the time I have finished, then they bugger about for an hour making a lot of noise.

When it comes to chores I always like to get things over with. Same with cleaning a car, if an eastern European guy can do a car in five minutes at a hand car wash why the hell can't we. Well I do just about. Just don't like pissing about with anything.

HOLA4421

Got to question why people need these machines. Our house is on a not too inconsiderable 65 yard by 15 yard plot and I race around with a small push along in ten minutes tops, then I get the edging sheers and race around with them in about ten minutes. The neighbours meanwhile bring out their monsters on identical plots and have just about got the beasts primed for starting by the time I have finished, then they bugger about for an hour making a lot of noise.

When it comes to chores I always like to get things over with. Same with cleaning a car, if an eastern European guy can do a car in five minutes at a hand car wash why the hell can't we. Well I do just about. Just don't like pissing about with anything.

Status thing.

My neighbour is lovely but I have had to listen to him talk about his lawnmower and also about his son-in-law's sit-on version. It just seems another way of sayijg "Look at me!" IMPO.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived