House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Election News. Yawn.

The lengthy first segment of each news broadcast, the first pages of the paper every day. Yet I know nobody who is actually interested. If you look at the BBC news website all the lead stories are to do with the election, yet if you look at the most read then they are conspicuous by their absence.

Nobody seems interested, least of all the politicians hollowly repeating party messages in faux sincere voices as they visit parts of the country that they didn't know existed.

It seems to all be aimed at the elusive floating voter, but generally the reason that they're a floating voter is that they have no interest in politics. So they won't be watching / reading / listening either.

All a bit pointless really.

I can't bear watching any of it. More than once I have escaped to the kitchen, since Mr B is enough of a masochist IMO to be interested.

Though lately he has kindly taken himself off to the kitchen to watch it, instead, leaving me in comfort on the sofa.

Watched it on itv news last night. What struck me is the quality of acting from the big 3 is very poor. Lots of walking around in hard hats and safety glasses, pointing and waving hands in a faux 'I'm getting things done' manner. So blatantly stage managed. Are they fooling anyone?

Watched it on itv news last night. What struck me is the quality of acting from the big 3 is very poor. Lots of walking around in hard hats and safety glasses, pointing and waving hands in a faux 'I'm getting things done' manner. So blatantly stage managed. Are they fooling anyone?

That's just it. They look like unwilling extras in a school play, everybody thinking that they must do it but it's fooling no-one.

When Cameron came down here (ooh-arrr country) central office made the lazy assumption that as it's sparsely populated compared to London it must be full of straw-chewing farmers so he banged on about farm subsidies. I doubt farmers are even 1% of the vote and their issues are an irrelevance to the other 99+%. But for central office: fields = counties full of farmers so pretend to be hugely interested in whatever they talk about on Farming Today.

So blatantly stage managed. Are they fooling anyone?

The shots of the national leaders faking publicity shots of themselves leading the Charlie Hebdo memorial parade have destroyed any residual value of these photo-ops.

I'm a floating voter! In fact I am a turd. I have such a lovely choice of candidates, I don't know which one would be flushed first

That's just it. They look like unwilling extras in a school play, everybody thinking that they must do it but it's fooling no-one.

When Cameron came down here (ooh-arrr country) central office made the lazy assumption that as it's sparsely populated compared to London it must be full of straw-chewing farmers so he banged on about farm subsidies. I doubt farmers are even 1% of the vote and their issues are an irrelevance to the other 99+%. But for central office: fields = counties full of farmers so pretend to be hugely interested in whatever they talk about on Farming Today.

No I'm sorry Frank, but everyone West of Swindon chews raw turnips, and farnackles lady goats!

I think the Tories have accomplished something truly stupendous in the last few days with their headless chicken act: first the stupid attacks on an opponent who doesn't need attacking, then the even more stupid blank cheques for trident and NHS.

They've made Miliband look the lesser of two evils. :ph34r::ph34r:

All a bit pointless really.

The only point of this charade is to keep the illusion of democracy alive as it helps to legitimize the thieving by the ruling class.

I can't bear watching any of it. More than once I have escaped to the kitchen, since Mr B is enough of a masochist IMO to be interested.

Though lately he has kindly taken himself off to the kitchen to watch it, instead, leaving me in comfort on the sofa.

I can't bear it either. I've suspended my news junkie status until it's all over - including the washup.

i'm sorry Britain, but I have left it too late to form "The Pin Party", and I have no followers! Otherwise I would be meeting the Queen in a few months to take a seat at Wesminster!

At least I have had a "proper job", not like these career plonkers!

I can't bear it either. I've suspended my news junkie status until it's all over - including the washup.

Would you like to be "Health Minister"? You seem to know a bit about ill people!

Frank can be "Chancellor of the Money Vault", because, as an accountant, he knows you are spending somebody else's!

Get wise you politicians, nobody likes you!

Although Frank could be "Minister of Transport" with his pan-galactic 18 wheeler history! Maybe Winkie would be a good chancellor! We wouldn't spend anything. We would be darning sails for ships for our next war.

an orchestrated photo shoot. Zoom out and see the reality

http://imgur.com/ZeDjVC7

When the Piniverse arrives there will be 100 crore disciples (for the benefit of people of Indian descent who use the vedic system)!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_numbering_system

Ohhharrrrwww!

Lying, cheating, dishonest scum... Hmmm who shall I vote for? :rolleyes:

Conservative = more of the same... Great.

Labout = more of the same + debt.... Great.

Greens ... WTF!

UKIP = no chance. A one policy party.

UKIP it is! What's so bad about being out of the EU. I left home because my father was a tyrant! :lol:

ukip2015-pledge-card_zpsjqnh9aqq.jpg

The saying that they only turn up when they want your vote has never been so true. And I don't think they've been so detached from voters as ever before. It may not be a class or money thing, it is almost as though it is a metropolitan thing where they are pleading for votes in a foreign country.

They can barely be bothered hiding their contempt for us any more. But at least it's mutual.

Ha ha! None of them have any appeal whatsoever! They are not representing us, the troughing bastards! :blink:

Can I have a role in you political party Mr Pin ? I feel I have a lot to offer the people of this country.

Minister for sexual equality and equal rights perhaps ? :)

Can I have a role in you political party Mr Pin ? I feel I have a lot to offer the people of this country.

Minister for sexual equality and equal rights perhaps ? :)

You can be Prime Servant of Scotland! This country (in my book) includes Scotland! Not Rutland though, that's on its own, and I am thinking a bit about London! That might not get in. I do not believe you are a ricist, nor a sexist! Although you might sound like one!