House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Max-Herve George: The Man Fighting A Merciless Legal War Against Insurance Giant Aviva - Bets That Always Win!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/maxherve-george-the-man-fighting-a-merciless-legal-war-against-insurance-giant-aviva-10168427.html

Max-Hervé George is a cheerful, friendly young man. He looks like a graduate business student or a trainee lawyer.

He would be many a mother’s idea of a perfect son-in-law, except that he has no time for marriage or children. “I work all day to earn money to keep up my legal struggle. Then I spend every night until 10 or 11 on the phone keeping up my claim and fighting my case,” he said.

At least 30 others – and maybe many more – are said to have a similar claim on Aviva France which might ultimately have to be settled by its British parent company.

“The figures involved are astronomical,” said George’s French lawyer, Nicolas Lecoq-Vallon. “Aviva is in institutional denial and behaving in an utterly irresponsible way. By failing to show these potential losses on its books, it is also neglecting its duty to its shareholders and policyholders.”

George, 25, is not a rogue trader. He is not a financial genius. He is just a man who has the life-long right to make investments with Aviva France that are guaranteed to succeed – to Aviva’s cost.

Guaranteed? Yes, because George has the right to invest in upwards movements in the markets after they have happened. Imagine being allowed to fill in a winning ticket for the Euromillions lottery after the draw has been made. Max-Hervé George, in effect, has that right.

He holds a “known price” life insurance contract, obtained for him by his father when he was seven years old from a French company which eventually became part of Aviva. This contract, an investment vehicle rather than a classic life insurance policy, allows him to switch his funds to profit from weekly upward movements in markets.

“For example,” he said, “the Asian markets went up 5 per cent recently. After the event, I was able to instruct Aviva to move my money into Asia at the prices which applied before the markets rose.”

And did Aviva comply? That’s where the legal battle, and confusion, begins.

George and his family have won 30 legal judgments against Aviva France in the past 15 years. Last September, the highest French appeal court, the Cour de Cassation, ruled in the George family’s favour. The contracts (which are no longer being written) may be stupid, the court decided, but they are legally binding under French law.

And the compound effect of this is?? It's not just stupid he could effectively end up owning everything on the entire planet!

How could any company make any sort of money on something like this???

You can't lose but is there enough money on the planet for him to win?