House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ted

Gatwick Oil Find 100Bln Barrels

Various news sources. 3%-15% recoverable.

Might help to pay of a lot of the national debt. Interesting to see if this has any impact on the election.

Various news sources. 3%-15% recoverable.

Might help to pay of a lot of the national debt. Interesting to see if this has any impact on the election.

You;re not cynical enough, this is more housing propaganda,,,,HOUSE PRICES TO SOAR IN THE S.E. AFTER OIL FIND !!!!

wow, it was hiding there all the time.

we use 1.2m barrels a day in the UK.

Jesus. An dodgy AIM liste company puts out an unvalidated claim and th BBC makes it front page news!

Someones going to get sued FFS

But, but, but, they said all of the oil had run out.

Only the cheap, accessible stuff. As true today as when Hubbert proposed the idea in 1956. Shale oil is just another ponzi gimmick.

Why is this news? There have been oil wells in the S.E. for donkeys years. I suspect the amount has been bigged up to please the money men - a fine tradition in the oil industry.

This oil wouldn't be about six foot down in a thin deposit, stretching from Fawley refinery to Gatwick would it, and consist of a very light crude, somewhat reminiscent of aviation fuel ?

The report on the BBC - sensationalist with wild facts.

Sorry, should have had <sarcasm> tags around that. I was questioning whether it was journalism at all and not just scripted propaganda.

Sorry, should have had <sarcasm> tags around that. I was questioning whether it was journalism at all and not just scripted propaganda.

wondered whether it was sarcastic - hence my brief reply

I listened to the story with incredulity. My first thought as another poster mentioned was 'pump and dump' and that the BBC had been conned to give them on a plate the PR of their oily dreams.

And the bit that made me smile the most: no need to frack as the rock is naturally fractured, so overcoming any investors possible worries about nimby objections.

(Grief, the story is still gong now on the R4 10 o'clock news)

Between 50-100 billion barrels of which only between 3 and 15% can be extracted. Desperate.

Edited by LiveinHope

wondered whether it was sarcastic - hence my brief reply

I listened to the story with incredulity. My first thought as another poster mentioned was 'pump and dump' and that the BBC had been conned to give them on a plate the PR of their oily dreams.

And the bit that made me smile the most: no need to frack as the rock is naturally fractured, so overcoming any investors possible worries about nimby objections.

(Grief, the story is still gong now on the R4 10 o'clock news)

Between 50-100 billion barrels of which only between 3 and 15% can be extracted. Desperate.

Yes, it's a truly shameless piece. I suspect it came directly from Downing Street.

Fck me!

Second story on the 10 o clock news.

Front page today.

FFS do these people not do a little bit of research FFS!

Its a big scam, a pump and dump. And they are all party to it FFS!

The ground is shale. Its has oil in it. You cannot extract the great majority of it.