House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendy

Outhouses Etc.

Anyone know what a general cost of an outhouse is by square m/ft?

Wood/brick etc? Also what extra costs might be for power, guttering etc, and labour?

TIA tb xx :unsure:

I take it you mean like a big shed / 'summer house' not an outside toilet? :D

Use your Google skills and look for 'outdoor rooms', etc for some idea on price.

Cheers giving it a look seems there are many options out there as usual in this trade!

If it's any use, I'm sitting in a wooden one now at the end of my garden:

12 x 8 foot;

3.5 tons concrete base;

double-skinned + insulated;

roof is bitumen? tiles with an overhang - no guttering required;

upvc double-glazed window + locking door;

armoured power cable from house + consumer box + 5/6 double-power sockets;

landline telephone + cat6 network cable to the house;

total cost including electrics and concrete base was about £6.5K fitted from a local company.

I later myself fitted a laminate wooden floor + insulation layer, shelving, desk/ table, filing cabinet, beer fridge, 3d telly, morris recliner and oil/ electric radiator.

12 x 8 foot;

3.5 tons concrete base;

total cost including electrics and concrete base was about £6.5K fitted from a local company.

I later myself fitted a laminate wooden floor + insulation layer, shelving, desk/ table, filing cabinet, beer fridge, 3d telly, morris recliner and oil/ electric radiator.

Initially I'm just after it for storage but in time I think it would be exactly like that. Cheers! (TBH could even be looking at more than one).

Initially I'm just after it for storage but in time I think it would be exactly like that. Cheers! (TBH could even be looking at more than one).

Fancy being a landlord, eh?

Wouldn't be without ours ...

09e4ccce4c160ed56adb6ec67b7a458a.jpg

Why is there some black Islamic flag covering the cistern?

12 x 8 foot;

3.5 tons concrete base;

I am really very jealous........

I'm guessing demand is pretty strong for this type of thing at the moment as seem to be a lot of companies sprung up offering them.

Could anyone objectively claim to productivity going through the roof by doing their office work a bit futher down the garden. Aren't these just something else devised by men to avoid nagging wives like angling?

I'm guessing demand is pretty strong for this type of thing at the moment as seem to be a lot of companies sprung up offering them.

Could anyone objectively claim to productivity going through the roof by doing their office work a bit futher down the garden. Aren't these just something else devised by men to avoid nagging wives like angling?

The demand is caused by those who are too far down the waiting list to get an allotment shed. The real thing..

Before the shed, I used to work from the bed in the spare room, with my laptop balanced on my groin, so in my case .. Yes.

Avoiding the wife is just a bonus.

Wouldn't be without ours ...

09e4ccce4c160ed56adb6ec67b7a458a.jpg

You know where you are with an old-school khazi like that. As Confucius said 'A swinging chain means a warm seat...'

A lot of companies reselling the same models under differernt names. a few very large european suppliers - tuin is one that springs to mind. Log cabin type construction is relatively cheap and very quick to put up. The cost of moving is so high as is the cost of commercial property it makes far more sense to many to go this route.

I've been working with a community group designing & making insulated panels for outbuilding & retrofitting existing buildings (Pm me if anyone's interested).

For those building themselves, I recommend the excellent book

Complete Photo Guide to Sheds, Barns, Outbuildings: Includes Garages, Gazebos, Shelters, Garden Sheds and More

cheapest here £16

http://www.bookdepository.com/Complete-Photo-Guide-Sheds-Barns-Outbuildings-Black-Decker-Corporation/9781589235229?utm_medium=api&utm_campaign=Bookfindercom&a_aid=Bookfinder&utm_term=1589235223&utm_source=book_link&utm_content=Complete-Photo-Guide-to-Sheds-Barns-Outbuildings&selectCurrency=GBP

amazon have a "look inside" feature

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Photo-Guide-Sheds-Outbuildings/dp/1589235223/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426673826&sr=8-1&keywords=9781589235229