House Price Crash Forum

Is The Train Going To Hit The Buffers In The Autumn?

HOLA441
HOLA442

Well, I don't mind if it hits then - or any time from June onwards. It will probably wipe out my earnings, but will give the younger generations a chance of a future. I've saved like a ******* so we can be mortgage free on the Oz house - and enough room for some chooks and a pig if things get really bad....

HOLA443

Are we on-topic here then?

I came to the conclusion many years ago that for various reasons most people will buy the biggest house that they can afford.

This affordability is based upon the monthly mortgage payment rather than the house price.

As the monthly payment is directly proportional to loan balance * interest rate then a big reduction in loan balance (and hence house prices) will only happen when interest rates rise.

The UK will not do this independently but will follow the US rates up; which looks as though it will happen this year.

Finally.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I'm now of the opinion that the monster of a monetary system we have is morphing into something that no-one can predict, even the genius hive mind at HPC!

What happened to Japan's deflation market, might be the best place to look - seems that we've created a new 100 base measure, god knows what the next 'boom' will be :(

HOLA448
HOLA449

Archived