House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bergy100

Thinking Of Offering On A Bungalow

Hi all, as the title says, we're thinking of making an offer on a bungalow (which is one thing I thought I would never do), but we like this one and the location it is in and are seriously considering it.

This forum has been such a great help to me over the years so before I do anything I'd like to ask Is there anything I should bear in mind in relation to making an offer on this type of property. it is well maintained and requires no work to be done, unlike many of the properties we have viewed over recent years.

W/o giving away the exact one, it is on the market at approx 5K above the RV and is a recent addition to the market so no offers as of yet. Should I be going in lower or much lower than this RV figure considering it is not a house and therefore possibly less demand? Owners do appear to want a quick sale (but I'm assuming they won't "give it away") : thanks in advance...

So are we to assume this bungalow is pretty good value then?

That depends on how you define "good value." Compared to the situation in England it clearly would be.

Anyway, I'm not some hoax poster or rogue EA. I've a genuine question for the NI folk.

That depends on how you define "good value." Compared to the situation in England it clearly would be.

Anyway, I'm not some hoax poster or rogue EA. I've a genuine question for the NI folk.

Sorry, I'm a bit cynical of posts Telling everyone they are buying or asking advice from vested interest random people on the net.

If you've found a decent value affordable house in a location you like and can live in, then buy it. Negotiate hard. Look at actual previous sold prices before offering. decide where prices are heading. Calculate total purchase pricesprice not monthly affordability. Work out price per square foot and how it compares locally

It's not rocket science, it's pocket science, as in keep as much of your own money in your own pocket.

If not, don't.

Could be worse, you could be one of the london thread trolls.

Good luck whatever you decide but really the advice doesn't change much hear, but hey, you've been reading the site for years, you already know that.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Sorry, I'm a bit cynical of posts Telling everyone they are buying or asking advice from vested interest random people on the net.

If you've found a decent value affordable house in a location you like and can live in, then buy it.

If not, don't.

Could be worse, you could be one of the london thread trolls.

Good luck whatever you decide but really the advice doesn't change much hear, but hey, you've been reading the site for years, you already know that.

Cynicism is understood, the situation in England (esp SE/London) is absolutely shocking..We are lucky we have had the fall of 50% here you guys have been denied.

Prices seem to me to have stablized here and in some cases are rising from the lows of 2013. No doubt some still disagree, but this sub-forum is like a ghost town now which tells its own story.

To the guys from here, I'm really wondering where to pitch with an offer. Should a bungalow-house type be lower than a typical house is really my question. The reports from the land registry don't include bungalow prices.

RV in some areas might be spot on, others not so and then there can still be massive variation in identical older RV houses that have had internal modernisation over their neighbours.

If you've been hanging out here for a long time and watching your local area for a long time you likely know better than any estate agent or non local HPCer what the score is locally with various house types and how well they are priced.

Oldies like bungalows too so might not have that much less demand? We looked at a few just never found one that didn't require dragging in to the present whilst still being sold at a premium price.