House Price Crash Forum

Disneyland Paris

Guest eight

HOLA441

I expect it is kids seeing it differently. I remember as a kid seeing some behind the scenes footage of one of the Star Wars films, with guys in alien suits but the heads removed sitting around drinking cups of coffee, and I remember finding it almost comically weird even though I rationally knew the aliens were just a guy in a suit. It's probably similar at Disney, the kids know it but can overlook it, but taking the head off the suit would completely break the illusion. I suppose it's like watching a magician. You know he isn't really doing anything that's actually magical.

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest eight

Oh, hell! My 26 year old niece, who buys into all this, is trying to get the whole family there for a week, from 89 year old grandmother to 20 year old youngest. Should I refuse to go? :blink:

Do NOT do it, not for a week. You will be stir crazy after a couple of days. On a more practical front you will have great difficulty remaining adequately fed and (quite fundamental, this) watered over such a long time. As far as I could ascertain the only drinking water available in the park is bottles of Vittel at 3/75cl - expect to cue for up to twenty minutes to actually get a bottle though - the service in the various outlets is universally abysmal. A large party will also find it difficult to get seated at meals etc. especially hotel breakfasts. I personally wouldn't object to the Butlins vibe, blitz spirit approach to the dining IF it was reflected in the price and reputation of the place but it most certainly is not.

Also the bottom line is that there isn't much to actually do. There are only about fifteen rides in the whole park and most of those are quite unremarkable - such as the Slinky Dog and the Cars figure of eight thing wouldn't get your second glance if they turned up in your local provincial town on the back of a trailer, and I really doubt that even the most entertainment starved kid would queue for forty minutes to go on one even if it was "free". Thunder Mountain is good but it broke down once when we were in the queue and we were unceremoniously ushered out, and it wasn't working at all on Easter Sunday. Peter Pan is nice but you're on it for literally seconds and the queue can be over an hour. The Snow White and Pinocchio rides must have been old hat when the place opened. The carousel and tea cups - so what? Yet such is the dearth of entertainment that people were even prepared to join lengthy queues for those.

If you like shops all selling identical tat then you will be fine as there are, at a conservative estimate, ten of those for every other "attraction".

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest eight

The one in Paris can't hold a candle to that. I should know - I've been on it five times in recent days.

HOLA446
HOLA447

The buffets at our Disney cowboy hotel (Cheyenne) were OK, to be fair - nice croissants etc. in the morning and decent mains in the evening.

The food on-site, on the other hand, was pretty vile with limited choice and high prices. I thought we'd be safe with hamburgers etc. but they were mostly inedible.

On the last night I treated myself to a fillet steak in the Rainforest Cafe (the most expensive item on the menu) which was so tough I had to send it back.

When it comes to lollies and drinks, every concession is selling exactly the same limited stock. For instance, I fancied a basic orange Callipo but there were only the bloody stripey ones everywhere I looked.

HOLA448

OP is a bit miserable if you ask me.

The key is not to go anywhere near any of that suited up get Mickeys autograph crap. Tell the kids Mickey died or something.

Never been to Eurodisney, but went to disney florida. That was fun. Went to blizzard mountain which was a giant water park. Who would not like that ? And went to Disney MGM or something like that which had a ride called the tower of terror which was great. The epcot centre was good as well - had a great mexican meal there. Disney food can be good.

But the best stuff was outside of disney. There was a place called bush gardens which was great but a bit of a car ride away from orlando. And the Kennedy space centre was fantastic. Also went to a place called Islands of Adventure which was as scary as hell. The rollercoasters were pretty cool. And didn't even have time to go to seaworld.

So I would say don't bother going to eurodisney and go to florida instead. And don't take any kids because it will cost a fortune and they will just whine all the way there and back on the 9 hour flight.

HOLA449
But the best stuff was outside of disney. There was a place called bush gardens which was great but a bit of a car ride away from orlando. And the Kennedy space centre was fantastic. Also went to a place called Islands of Adventure which was as scary as hell. The rollercoasters were pretty cool. And didn't even have time to go to seaworld.

So I would say don't bother going to eurodisney and go to florida instead. And don't take any kids because it will cost a fortune and they will just whine all the way there and back on the 9 hour flight.

Yes the problem is there's nothing close to Eurodisney that's worth visiting. ;)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I propose an HPC- themed ..um... Theme Park.

Roller Kirsty ride

Giant Price Slide etc.

Vitamins, thrift and misogyny! :blink:

Archived