House Price Crash Forum
fru-gal

Max Keiser Thinks That The Governments Will Devalue The Debt By Trading Currencies Against Gold Which They Will Mark Up (This Year)

Well my interpretation is that he is talking about a co-ordinated devaluation of Global currencies. Gold is the "Canary in the coal mine" for devaluations, so if enough currencies devalue (to reduce the countries debt in terms of wealth), it appears as a re-valuation of gold...and can be spun as such in the media.

It doesnt make sense wrt currencies that do not need to devalue, ie Yuan, Rouble etc

This would also b verye interesting wrt to currencies that are dollar pegged, eg the GCC countries.

If all currencies devalue, where does the money come from to pay off the debt? All that will happen is that asset prices will rise even further. How does having more expensive assets help provide the wage levels required to inflate the debt away?

it means he's bought into gold, and if he can convince everyone else, then he'll be rich.

A possible half interpretation: He is expecting hyperfinflation, so consumer prices and wages increase, asset prices remain stable so effectively return to normal relative to wages/prices, debts and saving also, so effectively wiped out, but for whatever reason, gold wold hold its value so in terms of the hyperdeflated currencies would now be extremely valuable. Can't really think why that would be the case though mself.

it means he's bought into gold, and if he can convince everyone else, then he'll be rich.

A possible half interpretation: He is expecting hyperfinflation, so consumer prices and wages increase, asset prices remain stable so effectively return to normal relative to wages/prices, debts and saving also, so effectively wiped out, but for whatever reason, gold wold hold its value so in terms of the hyperdeflated currencies would now be extremely valuable. Can't really think why that would be the case though mself.

Yes, he is the pump and dumpster with the publicity machine to enable it. Bitcoin and silver were his last two successes.

The journo who said sell US$, US Treasuries, property, shares and buy gold and silver and we're heading for hyperinflation is not worth listening to. But certainly he's good entertainment.

Heart in right place but is there to sell viewer numbers.

Edited by Killer Bunny

The hiking of Gold in 1933 DID NOT end the Depression. Total crap. The return of men from Europe in 45 onwards seeking any work for any pay ended the Depression.

Not to forget reasonably priced housing after the war.

And people buying fridges, TVs, etc. Those white goods made an enormous contribution to US post-WW2 growth. The boom in that new invention - the TV - always was a huge factor.

How has Keiser done on Bitcoin? :rolleyes:

Gold is coming back into the financial system in a big way. But not in the way Keiser thinks, and not as soon as this year (imo).

How has Keiser done on Bitcoin? :rolleyes:

Considering he started promoting it after the first crash when everyone thought it was done for (was about £5 per coin at the time I seem to remember) I'm guessing he's done quite well out of it. Though I suppose it depends how much he bought later in the game and what his average price was (if he bought enough at the start I'd imagine he's still well ahead even at todays price?).

Keiser is all about his own alt coin and is busy trying to get punters to buy into it.

His own coin seems to have flopped. He seems to be as big a proponent of other virtual currencies and in particular bitcoin though.

His own coin has flopped? Would that be the one he urged people to invest in bcos its just about to absolutely soar.

He's no better than Gordon Brown.

Well my interpretation is that he is talking about a co-ordinated devaluation of Global currencies. Gold is the "Canary in the coal mine" for devaluations, so if enough currencies devalue (to reduce the countries debt in terms of wealth), it appears as a re-valuation of gold...and can be spun as such in the media.

It doesnt make sense wrt currencies that do not need to devalue, ie Yuan, Rouble etc

This would also b verye interesting wrt to currencies that are dollar pegged, eg the GCC countries.

so now all of these cash for gold companies start to make sense!!

if some of these are owned clandestinely by governments etc(not necessarily ours either!)..they are in essence doing a de-facto confiscation of the asset prior to the new fix

Actually I think max was on the conservative side saying $5000...working on a base 24 log chart,just play join the dots between the tops of 1930's, 1979-80 and the next one, the next "peak" should be around $20500

as for confiscation of the real thing this time, I think it's far more likely we'll have a cyber attack to magically disappear the funds in ETF's.

people will scream and moan that they had made xxxxxxx thousands on the paper price, but when all is said and done, they only have legal rights to the CREDIT initially put in-that's the difference between allocated physical and unallocated..read the smallprint in the contract

those holding the real stuff will be OK

Edited by oracle

perhaps it could be explained to the audience how the devaluations sort out the deficit, which is used to purchase things for Government and therefore add to the GDP, when the very things that they are to purchase, labour, inkjets, cars, will all go up in price in line with the devaluation.

In other words, devaluation solves something, past value, but doesnt solve the real problem, future value.

His own coin has flopped? Would that be the one he urged people to invest in bcos its just about to absolutely soar.

He's no better than Gordon Brown.

To be fair, when I said flopped, I didn't mean so much crashed in a bitcoin like fashion, but more that it hadn't taken off like some of the other virtual currencies (at least that's how things appeared the last time I looked - maybe things have changed recently). I suspect the heaviest investors only invested a bit of time and computer power rather than their life savings as it was the launch of the coin rather than some established one that he was telling people to trade.

He doesn't seem to mention it much and gives more of his program over to bitcoin (at least on the ones I've seen). As a proponent of virtual currencies in general he's obviously keen for people to buy into the idea, and I suspect those who bought in at £5 when he was claiming bitcoin would soar are pretty happy right now (those who bought in at the top less so of course - but who knows what the future holds).

Bitcoin has bubbled up and burst several times. Each time more dramatic than the last. It only needs to stagnate a few weeks then creep up a little before the next bubble with grow.

Last bubble was quite manipulated by MTgox but certainly a lot more people are aware of it now. next few short years will be interesting with bitcoin, it's soo high risk with such huge pot bêtise reward that it will grow as sure as humans have greed.

I bought in at £15 a coin then again later averaging fairly low. and held through it all. it's people like me who have a solid faith in it which will never let it die.

Max has called out Osbourne for years on the 'austerity hoax' which has doubled the national debt in just 4 years. The BBC and others have chosen to ignore simple facts like this.

We could argue all day about gold/silver/Bitcoin, while 97% of money in our economy is create by private sector banks.

Max has called out Osbourne for years on the 'austerity hoax' which has doubled the national debt in just 4 years. The BBC and others have chosen to ignore simple facts like this.

We could argue all day about gold/silver/Bitcoin, while 97% of money in our economy is create by private sector banks.

Essentially 100% when you include shadow banking.