House Price Crash Forum

Song Identification

DTMark

HOLA441

We were watching some old episodes of the X-Files tonight - the funny, quirky ones. Such a good series.

In one story called "Triangle", near the end, there's a track that plays in one particular sequence which is fantastic.

It might well have been "made for the show" but I wonder if it's an established piece which was adapted for the show or played as-is from one particular rendition.

In this scene, Mulder and Scully are running around a luxury liner called 'The Queen Anne' and it certainly has a 'ballroom' sound to it.

Can anyone shed any light on this.. what is the song? (Shazam has no idea)

http://youtu.be/a71JP0xCycQ

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Apparently Google now can find out for you - you can hold your google phone towards your TV and it will listen before telling you what it is.

Ah, sorry - you have an iphone :lol:

I love that episode of The X-Files.

Shazam...

Or soundhound recognises songs too.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Shazam...

Or soundhound recognises songs too.

I thought that Shazam couldn't "get" the sample from the episode because of the sound of the cast and the additional X-Files sound effects layered over the top.

But actually it doesn't even know what the original is. It is very good and sometimes really impressive with some fairly obscure dance music but not infallible.

I think the episode does use the original performance, with some echo/time delay added to make the bass kick/roll a bit harder and those FX over the top - when you look in detail at the sequence you can really see the work that went into that.

In the video you get split screen views of the action and the way the entire thing was cut together in terms of timing and mixing of the music is really skilful.

Which is one of the reasons why I'd say it's the best series ever made - the attention to detail is exquisite.

Archived