House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Huge Escaped Pig Hauled From Swimming Pool

Fishing around with nets in Spain as a child, we pulled up an octopus once.

Not joking. Must have been a baby one and very odd for it to be so near shore, right in the bay.

I remember it "pulsing" like it was colour-shifting.

We dropped it back in the water straight away and didn't use the net again.

A horse once appeared in our garden one morning when we were kids and was corralled there by the police for several hours until they found the owner. Later that day when we were back from school dad arrived home, saw the state of the front garden and walked down the drive, belt in hand assuming my brother and I were responsible. The horse shoe marks didn't seem to register. Fortunately mum got to him before he got to us.

I wonder what the breaking strain is on the line that was clearly used to catch it?

Actually, it seems a bit cruel that the line was caught on one of its flippers. Hope it didn't suffer too much.

Found my garden full of Highland cattle one morning. It was like being surrounded by mammoths. Found the owner - who now keeps them behind mega fencing and double electric fencing.

Night fishing. It rained. Two of us crammed into a small tent with no door flap fastenings. My mate slept head-at-the-entrance end.

During the night a curious horse wandered over and licked his face. His scream woke me.

Night fishing. It rained. Two of us crammed into a small tent with no door flap fastenings. My mate slept head-at-the-entrance end.

During the night a curious horse wandered over and licked his face. His scream woke me.

Don't camp with horses or - worse - cows. They'll come and investigate, and eat your tent.

Sheep are fine. Though as with other animals, you might want to check their usage of any water supply you intend to drink from.

Not biggest, but maybe the most. Lots of bees.

Are they dangerous? I'm frightened of bees! One of them might enter my body, through a particular orifice! And make my bum sting!