House Price Crash Forum

Adult Acne

pl1

Had bad acne as a teen, did the Retinol thing and it cleared up. Thought I was finally free of it this time but alas another (long) false dawn. Although not back with a vengeance, it's bad enough for me to want to do something about it.

To save me trawling through acne/skin forums, what's the latest in the world of treatment? Washing my skin with soap, scrubbing, desquamation, benzoyl peroxide, good diet(!) doesn't work for me. I'm hoping the otc treatment options have improved and to save me a load of reading could an hpc'er in the same boat suggest something?

I find that acne can clear up on removal of mercury fillings. The mercury interferes with mineral metabolism. If you have mercury fillings I would definitely recommend you remove them for white alternatives.

I find that acne can clear up on removal of mercury fillings. The mercury interferes with mineral metabolism. If you have mercury fillings I would definitely recommend you remove them for white alternatives.

It sort of clears up when you get false teeth?

I cut down on wheat and dairy maybe 3 years ago.

Surprisingly don't miss bread very much. You quickly realise its just a filler most of the time.

Still have flat bread with curry etc.. But way less than I used to.

Give it a go - it may be easier than you think.

Trying to give up all gluten would be a nightmare - its in almost everything.

Not much use for a sarnie though!

Don't start stuffing your face in front of "Boss Suziki". It is seen as impolite, and limbs get lost!

Wheat is about half my diet? What can I have instead? Tried some fake bread stuff and it was foul.

When you give up wheat/gluten you often get a sugar/fat craving for a few weeks. This usually goes quite quickly. You also feel hungry as you stomach is big and you are missing that filled up feeling - you have to give your stomach time to shrink. This can take 2 to 4 weeks for most average people.

You also can - and there is no nice way to say this - start to get rid of a lot of crap inside your intestines / bowel. The gluten dough basically turns into a kind of polyfilla and lines the walls of your intestines and bowel. It kills the villi and hence, without the villi, it stops your body absorbing nutrients from the food you eat. If yo uare lucky once you give up wheat/ gluten this 'paste' will begin to loosen itself from your insides and you will pass it out within a few weeks. If you are even luckier you will have done little or no harm to your villi.

Probably true and also the intolerance may be self inflicted...as with peanuts, not eating them when young. I think the body becomes accustomed to certain foods and departures can cause problems.

I'm eating out tonight and the menu is being forced on me, that may mean red meat. I will certainly notice the fact that my digestion goes to pot the following two days with meat hanging around in the system, but somebody that has meat everyday wouldn't notice or gets used to the slow transit.

You could try eating some pineapple after a heavy meal, it contains Bromelain a protein digesting enzyme. Not canned though as that destroys the Bromelain. You can get fresh pineapple for about a £1 in the supermarket. Don't think the science is proven on it but it's certainly helped me on occassion.

I've asked my dentist about this and he said removing the old fillings would do more damage than it's worth.

Archived