House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Polish Food...

I like the polish ham in the supermarkets (forget the name).

As kids, we used to have piroshki in a russian restaurant. Meat in a bread roll thing.Don't know if they were authentic, but deliscious anyway.

Google 'Haluski'.

Thanks! Found it. Always up for any recipe using local seasonal veg. I have the remains of a gammon joint to use and this will do nicely.

Pirogi are lovely, the meaty ones more so than the potato ones. I would also recommend the Copernicus sausages with rye bread and pickled cabbage (the sweeter Salaki stuff with grated carrot) all of which you can get from your local Polski Sklep.

It's heavy food but so yummy.

Loads of Polish foods in the UK supermarkets these days compared to say 10 years ago.

For super healthy daily options I recommend kefir. Beats all of those other sugary yogurty drinks. And it's sour! (Poles love their food sour and salty)

Never been a fan of Polish food to be honest. I find it either too wheaty or too pale coloured. Everything seems to be boiled to a mush and no colour. Loads of sausages that always look not cooked to me.

I like Polish salamis though - mainly the ones with a bit of garlic that, I strongly suspect, contain as much horse as pork.

Google 'Haluski'.

Went down very well with my leftover gammon. Used fresh egg tagliatelle and half a Savoy cabbage. Nice and quick and easy and tasty. One to add to the repertoire.

Among hikers that I know who regularly trudge the Yorkshire dales, polish cake is a very popular source of sugary carbohydrate for mid hike snacking, from the various polish shops we have enhancing our high streets

It's tasty

Never been a fan of Polish food to be honest. I find it either too wheaty or too pale coloured. Everything seems to be boiled to a mush and no colour. Loads of sausages that always look not cooked to me.

I like Polish salamis though - mainly the ones with a bit of garlic that, I strongly suspect, contain as much horse as pork.

Hmmm. Borscht is neither wheaty nor pale. Unless perhaps you substitute wheat for the beet?