HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

There must be a 'catch' somewhere?

Whilst it admits some modernisation required I note that some of the external pics seem to show it placed at the foot of/in the shadow of some sort of steep rockface? Perhaps all it will take is some subsidence/ground movement/heavy rain/etc and 'stuff' will come tumbling down on it - perhaps catastrophically?

Even IF that is the case the point is well made in that here in the UK such a comparable place with such risks would likely be selling for 5 times the price!

HOLA448

Whilst it admits some modernisation required I note that some of the external pics seem to show it placed at the foot of/in the shadow of some sort of steep rockface? Perhaps all it will take is some subsidence/ground movement/heavy rain/etc and 'stuff' will come tumbling down on it - perhaps catastrophically?

Even IF that is the case the point is well made in that here in the UK such a comparable place with such risks would likely be selling for 5 times the price!

Germans seem to prefer to live in cities maybe?

In Hamburg many central areas arent 'cheap' (though perhaps more so than the UK)...but prices fall away very very quickly once your'e into the countryside, despite it looking as pleasant as anything surrey has to offer.

Surprising really, as the public transport seems cheap and reliable compared to the UK.

ie 10 miles outside hamburg, nice, middle class town...not a luton style ghetto. You can get this. I only saw one kebab shop driving through!

http://www.immobilienscout24.de/expose/74025786

http://www.immobilienscout24.de/expose/79351243

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I think I have found it.

"full cellar".....shudders.

HOLA4411

:lol:

Just went to a property auction yesterday in London - A one bedroom flat requiring modernisation in Kilburn (NW London - nothing special) went for £507,000

No, that is not a typo - £507,000

http://catalogue.auctions.savills.co.uk/london-national/Previous-Auctions/#&&s=1

The smart money in the auction room gasped - it was the very first lot and set the tone. I watched a couple more go for mental money and went home - pension money is piling in

HOLA4412

Nope no catch, that price is average (if not almost too high) considering it's a 100+ year old building and in the middle of nowhere.

Germans don't like old houses, and houses far away from major urban areas are worth very little.

HOLA4413

Prices in Germany vary a lot regionally. You can get a family sized doer up for 30k in the middle of nowhere, with no jobs, suffering depopulation, high property taxes, Not just in the east either, the former industrial area of the Rhr sounds much like the situation in north east england.

I was just searching "toytown germany" as I saw a post there recently by someone who had bought a lovely house in some village, but hadn't realised half the properties were vacant, and it was a ghost town. She was thinking of setting up an estate agency specifically to try and lurea few passing tourists in to give a bit of life to the village . Can't find it though.

A middle sized house near munich will easily cost 400k.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Looks like a gas chamber. Is this East germany?

66632_1451_IMG_13_0000_max_620x414.jpg

OK on the outside, looks solid, but I think it is pretty dark and hideous inside. A makeover and some Black Forest twigs would do the trick.

Good location in a way though, West Germany, not far from Belgium and France either.

What are property taxes like in Germany though?

HOLA4416

:lol:

Just went to a property auction yesterday in London - A one bedroom flat requiring modernisation in Kilburn (NW London - nothing special) went for £507,000

No, that is not a typo - £507,000

http://catalogue.auctions.savills.co.uk/london-national/Previous-Auctions/#&&s=1

The smart money in the auction room gasped - it was the very first lot and set the tone. I watched a couple more go for mental money and went home - pension money is piling in

utter madness , 50% more than its real value

HOLA4417

What are property taxes like in Germany though?

The only property tax in Germany is ground tax which is paid to the local council by the owner(s) of the plot and it's far lower than council tax in the UK, usually a few hundred Euros per year (depends on location and value).

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Archived