House Price Crash Forum
bearishonhouses

'house For Sale' - By Listing Date

A cursory glance on RM today seems to show a huge increase in the number of houses recently listed for sale. But I should like to measure this phenomenon more objectively before I start dancing for joy because if everyone realizes that now is the time to sell, we are on the way down.

Is there a site that enables one to filter listings by number of days on market etc? I know RM and Zoopla will show me listings in last 30 days etc; I want to see how many are more than 30 /60/90 on the market.

RM Market Trends is a useful source of info: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area.html

The 'Marketed Properties' tab gives you how many were added each month. They should be updating it with the March numbers within the next week.

I do an analysis of this information here by downloading the data on that page and comparing the number of marketed properties to the number of sold properties each month to estimate how many properties were removed from the market having not sold, which gives a useful insight into whats happening in the market.

I'll be updating that thread soon when RM update their data with the March marketed number, but having had a quick look since they added the February sold data - it looks like the % of marketed properties that are sold is in decline and returning to 2012/2013 levels in the areas I'm looking at.

I've just (10 mins ago) been tweeted by RM that their survey is of current APs not just original prices. Most suprised!

I've just (10 mins ago) been tweeted by RM that their survey is of current APs not just original prices. Most suprised!

Is this a change or has it always been current APs? it has been widely believed on here that they only used the original APs