House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
houses-do-my-head-in

Eu Migrant Subsidies?

Mate of mine works for a local scrap metal yard, not a rag bag thing but quite a decent sized operation. They have contracts from Rolls Royce

He tells me that the firm only set on EU migrants as their wages are subsidised by the government, and they are way cheaper than British labour.

Would this be an ALMPs scheme or similar?Anybody know the name of such scams....ahem....schemes or is he talking guff?

Edited by houses-do-my-head-in

Mate of mine works for a local scrap metal yard, not a rag bag thing but quite a decent sized operation. They have contracts from Rolls Royce

He tells me that the firm only set on EU migrants as their wages are subsidised by the gubbermint, and they are way cheaper than British labour.

Would this be an ALMPs scheme or similar?Anybody know the name of such scams....ahem....schemes or is he talking guff?

They (the EU migrants) are probably talking about working tax credits and are just calling a spade a spade

It wouldn't be a complete surprise if there was some eu worker subsidy obligation on governments (outside of tax credits and the other usual benefits) or other preferential tax arrangement perhaps (NI etc) - only surmising of course.

If so you would have thought the details would have been well known and widely known by most people by now. Even the newspapers would have mentioned it - or perhaps not.

More and more strange stealth arrangements with the eu are getting disclosed as time goes on.

For example the UK opt out on the eu's driverless cars limits recently revealed in the media.

Edited by billybong

no it came from the horses mouth. ie the gaffer told my mate (they are close) that they get part of their wages paid by the government and that's the reason why theyv'e hardly set on any British workers in the last couple of years

Its working tax credits. Probably the most fcking stupid, ruinous, economic policy that that useless cnt Brown implemented.

*IT* *NEEDS* *SCRAPPING* *NOW!!!*

Basically, the middle class net-taxing population of the UK - all ~4m of them is paying for make-work schemes and employee subs fore the entire population of the EU inc. Romania.

I mean, the press + government bang on about all these jobs created but even if a fraction of them paid in a bit more tax thean they took in subsidy, the UK's budget would be hugely in surplus. Its not - there's a huge fcking 7% deficit which is not closing!

You'll struggle to find someone under 50 i.e. with kids who works full-time these days.

Its working tax credits. Probably the most fcking stupid, ruinous, economic policy that that useless cnt Brown implemented.

*IT* *NEEDS* *SCRAPPING* *NOW!!!*

Basically, the middle class net-taxing population of the UK - all ~4m of them is paying for make-work schemes and employee subs fore the entire population of the EU inc. Romania.

I mean, the press + government bang on about all these jobs created but even if a fraction of them paid in a bit more tax thean they took in subsidy, the UK's budget would be hugely in surplus. Its not - there's a huge fcking 7% deficit which is not closing!

You'll struggle to find someone under 50 i.e. with kids who works full-time these days.

Yup there may be more jobs about, but many are part time and not paid enough to keep a family,That,s why we as a country are deeply in debt.

Thousands of children in the EU are being paid for by the taxpayer even though they have never set foot in the country in the form of family allowance and tax credits.

Employee numbers are growing, full time financially supporting jobs are not, Debt just growing all the time.

what happens when the money runs out and there aren't enough net payers to support the net claimers?

I think we'll find out in the next year or two.