House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
brendan

Desperate Agents In Guildford

According to Rightmove this property is being marketed by no less than 6 agents a sure sign that there is not much business around for agents in Guildford at the moment.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-495...pa_n=3&tr_t=buy

Don't think I have ever seen 6 agents to one property!

Desperation kicking in. What's wrong with the house? Is it the EA's not doing their job? Or is it the price perhaps?

Was on for 459 K for 6 months.

Nearly half a million for a 3-bed semi ? OK, so there's a premium to be paid in Guildford, but that really does take the mickey.

To be fair it does come with a free studio flat thrown in :)

This end terrace at 439k sums up why there is going to be a HPC of substantial magnitude. IN order to afford this naff property you would probably need to be earning around 100k per annum (4.39 times earnings).

It is worth about 189k in "real" terms.

Madness.

This end terrace at 439k sums up why there is going to be a HPC of substantial magnitude. IN order to afford this naff property you would probably need to be earning around 100k per annum (4.39 times earnings).

It is worth about 189k in "real" terms.

Madness.

Have you no understanding of the property market!? Don't you realise this house has a bathroom has a chrome shower!

Have you no understanding of the property market!? Don't you realise this house has a bathroom has a chrome shower!

It also enjoys a double aspect (you can see out of the windows from the front and back)! :lol:

It also benefits from an aged composite front driveway (cracked concrete) and shares a close proximity to a next door character property that gently shades the character alleyway between the properties.....

Seriously though, this is the most overpriced property I have EVER seen.

Edited by Realistbear

Desperation kicking in. What's wrong with the house? Is it the EA's not doing their job? Or is it the price perhaps?

Was on for 459 K for 6 months.

If i remember rightly its been on for over a year and started over 500k!!!!!!! Not an agent problem, the house is in a good road in a popular area but was 'done up' by a 'developer' and it seems they have hugely overspent or are just totally clueless. I'm not 100% sure but i think the same people have another house the other side of Guildford which they also can't sell.

I reckon this one is still best part of 100k overpriced!

If i remember rightly its been on for over a year and started over 500k!!!!!!! Not an agent problem, the house is in a good road in a popular area but was 'done up' by a 'developer' and it seems they have hugely overspent or are just totally clueless. I'm not 100% sure but i think the same people have another house the other side of Guildford which they also can't sell.

I reckon this one is still best part of 100k overpriced!

I agree. The extra 'studio flat' is going to have limited appeal to most people looking to buy that sort of house, so will not add that much to the value.

The are loads of 3 bed semis in good roads in Guildford in the £250-£300k bracket, so I think they will continue to struggle with this.

But the fact that 6 estate agents are prepared to waste their time and money marketing this nonsense proves just what a complete load of fools they are. 5 of them are definitely going to make nothing. Who would take those odds? Only estate agents.