House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fru-gal

Big Trouble In Little Chinatown As Rent Rises Force Restaurant Owners Out

Man argues that those new entrants might not be so willing if they knew the truth. He has set up the West End Chinatown Tenants’ Association, through which restaurateurs already in Chinatown and those who are looking to get in can share information about rents. “There is new money coming from China, but they come over and accept extremely high rents, don’t know the market here and, within months, want to get out because there is no money to be made.

Pretty much what LL's do. I want to see a situation where rents start to fall! See if LL's are as quick to adjust their rents downwards!

End of an era.....enough empty places can then bulldoze down and build skyscrapers.....be nothing worth going there for soon..... ;)

Paah to Chinatown. Food for Thought's closing!

What's the west end going to become? Terraces of empty flats used for laundering drug money?

Paah to Chinatown. Food for Thought's closing!

What's the west end going to become? Terraces of empty flats used for laundering drug money?

A gated community for MPs.

The last frontier. Chinatown in London, is one of those places that has kept it's independent shops and restaurants for a longtime. It's time for the corporates to move in KFC, Subway, Costa Etc.

People move to London for the English education, with the London ambience and culture.

They push out the locals, all the students foreign, shops chain stores from any town and artists are long gone.

Reminds me of this.

c5f2bdfb3edbfbb6e05c9e018b847196.716x400

Edited by Fromage Frais

power is the ability to get things done.

it might not make much difference but I have made a bit more of an effort to buy from genuine local businesses that are competitive and at least "try" in some sense.

that is the only power i really have to change it as the ballot box i a waste of time.

i dont buy from chains as much as i used to. just today i went for a £3.50 tuna pasta salad and a cup of coffee in a local cafe....whereas this time last year it would be SUBWAY/greggs and costa/starbucks. simple changes can make a big difference if more people did it.

i used to laugh at old men that would come in the Rover dealership and pay £12000 for an end of the range (a 15 year one!!!) Rover 25. maybe those old men were far wiser than i gave them credit for at the time. " buy British", "support British", globalisation is a scam

..we should ensure any new chain restaurants , coffee houses etc..are paying the right amount of tax and not domiciled in some shady deal with a low tax country overseas ...any landlord renting to such people should be held for assisting in the operation of money laundering...should apply to banks and the rest of the supply chain including the licencing authorities and the GLC itself...let them all be accountable... :rolleyes: