House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

longgone

Would You Have The Balls ?

Pure dramatics.

The tank driver would fully know the braking performance of his/her machine. And the point at which to brake, if a reference was needed.

i demonstrate the same faith in the braking of complete strangers driving behind me every time I stop at traffic lights.

And in far less controlled conditions.

Pure dramitics.

The tank driver would fully know the braking performance of his machine.

i demonstrate the same faith in the braking of complete strangers driving behind me every time I stop at traffic lights.

still don`t fancy standing there , brake failure ??

No, because I don't really trust anybody unless I know them extremely well, then I trust them implicitly and they don't let me down.

+ what happy_renting said.

Video has been doing the rounds for a few Months.

Dutch Leopard tank which no doubt did several practice runs before hand so they knew where to stand everyone. There will have been a mark either on the road or by the side of it where the driver knew he had to start apply the brakes.

These things are steered with levels right and left. Pulling back on one lever slows the track on that side and turns the machine in that direction. Pulling back on both of them hard brakes the machine eventually to a stop. These things are semi automatic gearbox so no clutch to worry about. Just an accelerator pedal and a small pre select gearbox similiar to the ones you used to see out routemaster double decker buses.

Drove a vehicle similiar to this many years ago. Just a cabby for half a morning. Quite and odd experience getting used to the concept.